Trench Railway released!

Started by Leon, 10 June 2019, 11:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

10 June 2019, 11:13:06 PM Last Edit: 10 June 2019, 11:19:35 PM by Leon
Something for the WWI gamers now, as we've released a complete trench railway system along with a Simplex locomotive to run on it!

These railways were developed during the trench warfare period of WWI to allow the delivery of food, ammunition and contruction materials to the front line, where the usual transport networks had been destroyed.  These narrow gauge tracks created a connection to the standard gauge railways further back from the front line and proved extremely successful.  As well as the UK, similar railways were used by Russia, France and Germany, with a variety of gauges in use from 600mm to 750mm (ours is 600mm).

Simplex were known as Motor Rail during the war and were one of several producers of locomotives and wagons to run on these new trench railways.  We've done the early style of tractor with the open top, later versions had a covered roof over them and armoured side doors.  We've also done a small handcart as well, which could be pushed along the rail in front of the locomotive with smaller items or wounded soldiers on it.

WWI
Trench Railway - https://pendraken.co.uk/world-war-i/trench-railway/
SCN-NTR1   Simplex trench locomotive set (1 locomotive, 2 wagons, 1 handcart)   £5.00
SCN-NTR2   Simplex trench locomotive (1)   £1.00
SCN-NTR3   Wagons (2)   £4.00
SCN-NTR4   Handcarts (2)   £1.00
SCN-NTR5   Stowage set (5 pieces)   £2.00
SCN-NTR6   Trench railway set (4 large straights, 2 small straights, 2 small curves, 2 large curves)  £12.00
SCN-NTR7   Trench railway junctions (2)  £5.00
SCN-NTR8   Trench railway, damaged sections (2)  £2.50

Railway straight sections are 100mm long, curves are 90mm long, short straights/curves are 50mm long.  Junctions are 125mm long and the damaged sections are 50mm.

And a couple of pics:

Next in the release queue is a bit of a surprise, so keep an eye out for that!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those are superb
There are two that still serve on the Leighton Buzzard Light Railway.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Rather zippy !!  :)

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

O Dinas Powys

:o

You kept this one quiet!

For some reason, I have an overwhelming need to have one of these in my life...  :x

It could be the only way I get a train set in my life any time soon  ;)

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Leman

They look very good.  Are they compatible with N gauge?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

Quote from: Leman on 11 June 2019, 10:58:49 AM
They look very good.  Are they compatible with N gauge?

The tracks/locomotive are our usual 1:150th, but with the rails being narrow gauge then they wouldn't take an N-gauge train.  In real life the trench rails were about 2ft apart, so just under half a standard gauge railway.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

John Cook

Unusual.  Any chance of some trenches!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The next release sounds interesting too
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

fred.

These look cool!

Will you have them at Phalanx?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

We'll have the tracks definitely, I'll get some loco sets sorted out as well.

Poggle

Dave Fielder

Will it be compulsory for command activations (2d6) to be preceded by the executive order: "Choo choo"?
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Orcs

These are excellent.

looking forward to WW2 armoured train  :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson