German attack against the Canadians at Buron

Started by Norm, 08 June 2019, 12:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stratoq

Nice report. Interesting to see a game using cumulative hits.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Norm

Thanks. The advantages to using cumulative hits certainly helps the game when fighting for built up areas that count as Hard / Full cover for hits and brick buildings for saves.

Big Insect

Personally - I am becoming a fan of the "all hits stay on" variant ...

Nice scenario Norm - many thanks for sharing

Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Techno

Quote from: Big Insect on 09 June 2019, 07:50:37 AM
Nice scenario Norm - many thanks for sharing Mark

Seconded !  :)

Cheers - Phil

petercooman

Nice one Norm!

I'll try this one myself i think, always looking to fit bkc on a smaller table. I can have a 4'x2'8" table when i play in the kitchen.

Do let us know if adding aa CO changes the odds!

Techno

Get a move on, Norm.

You've only got another 11 (as I write) posts to reach 1,000, and the exalted rank of ......erm....I forget. :-[

Cheers - Phil

Norm

Quote from: Techno on 10 June 2019, 07:03:25 AM
Get a move on, Norm.

You've only got another 11 (as I write) posts to reach 1,000, and the exalted rank of ......erm....I forget. :-[

Cheers - Phil

Ooh-err, does that mean I won't have to make the tea anymore :-)

petercooman

Nope, that only means you can stop washing the cups afterwards!

T-Square

We've been using cumulative hits recently.  We found that there tends to be changes in tactics when you know the hits don't go away at the end of your turn.  Games come to resolution quicker which is nice for an evening game when we only have about 2 to 2.5 hours to play.

Ithoriel

We've always played that hits removed are dependent on troop types.

Vets remove 3, Regulars 2, Green 1, Fanatics 0.

Best of both worlds .... or an unconscionable fudge ... take your pick :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

GordonY

Your game, play it your way.

Me I prefer hits dissapearing, brings out the "I need BUCKETS of dice to destroy 1 unit" doctrine of my ever victorious Wermacht.

But as others have said a great looking table.

G

Itinerant Hobbyist

Man, I dig your write ups, nice work. And your table looks great.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!