Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

All but the goose is from another manufacturer :-[
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

Next post in the series is now published:

https://mmcvhistory.home.blog/2019/07/09/a-flippant-history-of-the-crusades-the-first-crusade-the-road-to-constantinople/

Took quite a while to put this one together, both due to pesky real-life interference and the disparate topics it covers.

Now that all the Crusaders are together, the next entry should go a bit more smoothly!

As ever, let me know if there's any mistakes or significant omissions.

Cheers,

Matthew

d_Guy

Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Another good read, particularly interesting for me as I have DBA armies based around the First Crusade :-bd =D> :-bd

mmcv

mmcv

I've finally got working on the next post of this which should hopefully be ready soon, around the siege and battle of Nicea. This is the first time the Western and Turkish armies properly clashed and while it's a relatively short battle it sets the stage for future conflict and tactics.

It's also been 5 months since my last game, so I've decided to do a small game to simulate the battle tomorrow morning. All being well there'll be a battle report to go alongside the history post. Not sure if I'll do this for every battle I cover but we'll see!

paulr

Five months :o I get twitchy after a week or two without a game

Looking forward to these :)

mmcv

Quote from: paulr on 22 February 2020, 07:01:44 PM
Five months :o I get twitchy after a week or two without a game

Looking forward to these :)

Life has a habit of getting in the way and before you know it five months has passed!  :o

Techno

That really is rather good, Matthew.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

paulr

Duke Speedy of Leighton

mmcv

The Battle of Dorylaeum, in which the Crusaders almost get shot to pieces, but turn the tide thanks to divine intervention, with a little help from heavy armour, big horses and overwhelming numerical superiority.

https://mmcvhistory.home.blog/2020/08/09/a-flippant-history-of-the-crusades-the-first-crusade-dorylaeum-down-to-rest/

I've also posted a battle report with a scenario based on the battle over on the battle reports board (http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,19990.msg307549/topicseen.html#msg307549)