Taking the plunge

Started by Maenoferren, 19 December 2010, 10:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maenoferren

Well thats it. I am taking the plunge and getting rid of all of my other scales bar my 15mm WWII and heading into 10mm. Basically it is to do with the amount of room things take up, living in an old croft house it makes a big difference. THe dinosaur hunting games has made me realise that if I get rid of the big stuff I can get lots more of the little stuff  :D
To be honest I think it is a little Cathartic, it means I can get rid of all those projects that I never started and more than likely never ever will. Once \i get rid of the stuff I will be using the money raised to buy lots of new diddy stuff
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Leon

Quote from: Maenoferren on 19 December 2010, 10:56:23 PM
Well thats it. I am taking the plunge and getting rid of all of my other scales bar my 15mm WWII and heading into 10mm. Basically it is to do with the amount of room things take up, living in an old croft house it makes a big difference. THe dinosaur hunting games has made me realise that if I get rid of the big stuff I can get lots more of the little stuff  :D
To be honest I think it is a little Cathartic, it means I can get rid of all those projects that I never started and more than likely never ever will. Once \i get rid of the stuff I will be using the money raised to buy lots of new diddy stuff

Well that sounds like a plan to me!

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Maenoferren

nikharwood

Good move  :)

To be honest, I regularly have a decent clearout of my gaming stuff - not just in a single scale, but often look to unload things that just aren't getting used any more...I've already started to earmark some stuff to sell soon, probably after Christmas when I've got some time off & can sort some decent pics etc.

I might even look to unload some of my 10mm stuff - only to make way for more of course - but I'd like to see some of my kit going to a decent home where it's going to get played with more than it does here  :(

I think I've also come increasingly to the conclusion that, even though I love gaming, I am much more of a painter  <)

Jubilation T Cornpone

Yes, I did this in some style last year. Got rid of all my 15mm armies and all my 20mm WW2 stuff including scenery and buildings. Switched solely to 10mm Jacobite rebellion, WW2 Western desert and 10mm anglo zulu wars (to start with). The only other 'periods' I play and have kit for is wings of war WW1 and some naval bits and pieces. Did it for space and because I was becoming jaded. I must say, it rejuvinated me no end and 10mm is definitely the way to go! How on earth can you say no to Pendraken!!!

sixsideddice

Best of luck with it Maenoferren, and congratulations too  :) I pretty much did the same thing, and switched to 10mm almost exclusively (except for my 28mm Pulp and Steampunk).

For me, the decider was realizing I could play full on table top battles and skirmish level games at this scale with no sacrifice to enjoyment what so ever.

All the very best,

Six.

Maenoferren

Yep anyhing I can't get rid of in my local wargames club will be ebayed, anything left after that will be donated to any worthy cause I can find

Maenoferren

Flippin heck just found 10 new stile Plastic games workshop terminators, 10 old style types and a pile of genestealers that I didnt even remember having :-\

Fenton

Quote from: Maenoferren on 26 December 2010, 11:02:50 PM
Flippin heck just found 10 new stile Plastic games workshop terminators, 10 old style types and a pile of genestealers that I didnt even remember having :-\

You must be dead rich if you cant remember a drain on your wallet that lot would have caused  ;D
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Maenoferren

nope just dead forgetful  ;D ;D ;D
I thought I had already got rid of them :-[

Last Hussar

27 December 2010, 11:22:28 AM #10 Last Edit: 27 December 2010, 11:24:32 AM by Last Hussar
Quote from: nikharwood on 20 December 2010, 01:40:53 AM

I think I've also come increasingly to the conclusion that, even though I love gaming, I am much more of a painter  <)
Weirdo

I'm keeping 20mm for Troops Weapons and Tactics, 25s for Sharp Practice 1:300 for Modern Tanks - everything else is 10mm
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Maenoferren

Quote from: Maenoferren on 27 December 2010, 10:27:53 AM
nope just dead forgetful  ;D ;D ;D
I thought I had already got rid of them :-[

Come to think of it they cost a bloody fortune ye gods there is £50 worth of plastic, before i count the genestealers and the old style zoiks!

Shecky

Quote from: nikharwood on 20 December 2010, 01:40:53 AM
I think I've also come increasingly to the conclusion that, even though I love gaming, I am much more of a painter  <)

Well, to be honest I'm sort of the same. I paint more than I game, I think about painting more than I game, I think about playing more than I game, I read rules more than I game and I think about rules I want to write more than I game. Heck, I probably spend more time online buying figures than I do actually gaming.

Come to figure, this year I have actually rolled dice in anger a total of 0 hours and 0 minutes. But I have GM'ed 2 IABSM games, 3 CDS games and 1 Might & Reason game.

That SUCKS! Next year they guys I game with had better put on a game just for me!

And back to the original post, I have taken the 10mm plunge as well. I've sold off most of my 15mm and all of my 25/28mm figures. Although I will still keep my 6mm armies.

Tom

nikharwood

Quote from: Last Hussar on 27 December 2010, 11:22:28 AM
Weirdo

:) You know me well  ;)

Quote from: Shecky on 28 December 2010, 12:39:47 AM
Well, to be honest I'm sort of the same. I paint more than I game, I think about painting more than I game, I think about playing more than I game, I read rules more than I game and I think about rules I want to write more than I game. Heck, I probably spend more time online buying figures than I do actually gaming.
Tom

I think you & I were separated at birth y'know  ;D

kustenjaeger

Greetings

Playing more games would be good ...

I think I've played two games of any sort and umpired one this year (and the latter was the only one using my figures and was this week).    Work really gets in the way. 

Regards

Edward