Wargaming has become the dominant power in your mind if...

Started by FierceKitty, 06 June 2019, 11:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Leman

Last Hussar

I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Quote from: Techno on 11 June 2019, 04:29:53 PM
EVERYONE has an accent.  ;)

Cheers - Phil

Once Dad retired from the Civil Service he worked part time as Safety Officer for a major London corporation.

They received bomb threats and the like from time to time and treated all of the incidents as potentially serious though, fortunately, none of them were while Dad was around.

On one occasion they received a bomb threat by phone that included an IRA code word.

Dad was brought in to the police interview with the girl who took the call and so was party to ...

Policeman: Was there anything distinctive about the caller? Anything about his voice that might tell us if this might be a genuine IRA call?
Receptionist: Nothing at all, he just sounded really ordinary.
Policeman: Well, for example, what sort of accent did he have?
Receptionist: He didn't have any accent at all.
Policeman: So, how did he sound?
Receptionist: Ordinary. Just like me.

She was from Belfast.  X_X
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leman

mmcv

...you spend four hours driving through the beautiful Scottish and northern English countryside and just think about how inspiring it is for getting the finger out and making some terrain when you get back.

mollinary

You drive across a nice open ridge, down to a picture post card village in the valley, and wonder "What is the range from that hill to the edge of the village?" You organise a special trip to London. .... so you can spend five hours in the British Library researching which Prussian Dragoon regiments wore light blue, and which white, at the Battle of Kesselsdorf in 1745, in German language books over a hundred years old. Whoopeee!  :D :D :D
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

When you're driving along the road (well, some people drive cross-country  :Ph ) and you wonder if the gap between the traffic lights at the pedestrian crossing is wide enough for a modern MBT and its transporter to pass .... even a Warrior IFV ..... or (dare I hope) .... a Boxer 8x8.  :-\
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leman

Quote from: Westmarcher on 19 June 2019, 11:36:59 AM
When you're driving along the road (well, some people drive cross-country  :Ph ) and you wonder if the gap between the traffic lights at the pedestrian crossing is wide enough for a modern MBT and its transporter to pass .... even a Warrior IFV ..... or (dare I hope) .... a Boxer 8x8.  :-
Be a bit of a surprise if 64 Boxers suddenly appeared on the high street. Send for the naval brigade and a couple of gatlings to see the blighters off!

Orcs

Looking at a Osprey has nothing to do with bird watching/
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!