Wargaming has become the dominant power in your mind if...

Started by FierceKitty, 06 June 2019, 11:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

...you can't resist getting drawn into the argument when there's a Hollywood vs history thread.

...you watched a GoT battle scene and found yourself thinking "-1 vs airborne, reroll for charisma special effect..."

...you're in a train in Tuscany and find yourself looking out of the window at those ravishing landscapes and trying to work out the best approach for a squadron of gensd'armes.

...you instinctively hold the lid of a pot like a buckler in your left hand and the wooden spoon like a sword in your right until your better half reminds you to stir the curry.

...the word Tango doesn't make you think primarily of a passionate Argentinian dance.

...you think Barry Lyndon is a war movie.

...you think Miranda Otto looks better in a mailshirt than nude.

Contributions are invited.

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

Just for those who do not know who Miranda Otto is (and an excuse to put up pictures of an attractive woman)

In Mail

Naked (Use your imagination this is a child friendly forum)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You pick up a Baguette  in a supermarket and instantly make lightsaber noises...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

You've had a nice night at the pub, you come home, your wife goes to bed ... and you think to yourself ...   B) 
... I'll dig out the paints and do some cross belts.

p.s. what a disaster when you view your efforts the next day.  #-o
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

fsn

You look at an eggshell and wonder if it would be any use crushed up as a basing material ...

ditto cat litter ...

ditto cat ...

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

I used some cats' whiskers as stems for some fantasy vegetation.........about 35 years ago.  X_X

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

06 June 2019, 01:55:22 PM #6 Last Edit: 06 June 2019, 01:57:25 PM by FierceKitty
I've heard of catkins and p**** willows before....

(Stupid censor)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

The plumber tells you need to replace the tank and you picture Panzer 3 / Sherman / Centurion before realising he means the water tank.

Any mention of a Hedgehog and you think beach defences.

You always call tins of Corned beef "Bully Beef"

You think the main purpose of High Street coffee shops is to supply strips to stick your figures to before painting.

When out shopping you spend more time looking at stuff thinking "can I use that for wargaming" than you spend looking at the stuff you have gone to buy. 
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

The plumber tells you need to replace the tank and you imagine he means the water tank until you realise you've picked up a rather nicely painted IS-2 and he'd like you to put it back on the table so he can get on with firing.

Any mention of a Hedgehog and you think beach defences ASW.

You always call tins of Corned beef "Bully Beef" "Corned Dog" or "Alte Mann"

You think the main purpose of High Street coffee shops is to supply strips to stick your figures to before painting seating and sustenance while you peruse your freshly acquired wargaming items.

When out shopping you spend more so much time looking at stuff thinking "can I use that for wargaming" than you spend looking at that you forget to buy the stuff you have gone for.  
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Daggnabit, I was going to correct item 2 about Hedgehogs too...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Norm

Every time I see dice, I think of the number '1'

Every time I see dice in someone else's hand, I think of the number '6'

mmcv

...you can't walk past a deal on super glue without picking some up "just in case".

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: mad lemmey on 06 June 2019, 05:03:15 PM
Daggnabit, I was going to correct item 2 about Hedgehogs too...

Czech Hedgehog - google it.

fsn

Quote from: mmcv on 06 June 2019, 07:11:59 PM
...you can't walk past a deal on super glue without picking some up "just in case".
Oh. Yes.  :-[
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Quote from: steve_holmes_11 on 06 June 2019, 08:24:54 PM
Czech Hedgehog - google it.

Don't need to ... it's what Cullin Hedgerow Cutters are made from (among other sources) :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data