German Army Lists - Queries / Suggestions / Updates

Started by AJ at the Bank, 01 June 2019, 08:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJ at the Bank

I cant seem to find a German Lists topic suitable for having all queries & suggestions together in one place -

So endeavouring to rectify - Here we go ....

Kubelwagen (K) & Schwimmwagen (S) : Suggested amendments -

Points Cost : Lists looks too expensive - currently Reece K=85; Vehicle K = 65; Reece S=95; Vehicle S = 75.  Would 45;25;55;35 be better?
Limit : Removal of limit on Vehicle K
Movement : Suggest S should only be 10 move when in water
CA Value : Reece K & S to have CA value of 2
Abilities : (i) Vehicle versions of both K & S add : Transport (1)    (ii) None should be Exposed (in line with similar units)
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Dr Dave

Also, the schwimmwagen is available in the early war lists. It's wasn't in service until 1943 IIRC. even the kubelwagen was rarely seen in 1940. I think only the SS and GD had them in 1940. Other kfz light cars fulfilled the role in Heers units.

AJ at the Bank

Yes Dr!

A short check online reveals the following -

(1) VW 166 Schwimmwagen -
Production started in June 1942. Only available generally from December 1942. Prior to production - only type 128 'prototypes' had been produced  for trials (<c100) from Nov 1940 to March 1942.
A lot of them were built ..c15k....about the same number as Pzr IIIs and Pzr IVs combined!

This means they should not be in the Early War or Norway German Lists (some were in Africa from Sept 1942 onwards apparently!)

(2) Type 82 Kubelwagen -
Mass produced from Feb 1940 (preparation for Western campaign to come). Circa 50k produced by end of the war.

This means these should be in all German Lists (Early War - April 1940 onwards)

AJ at the Bank

German Infantry Upgrades don't have Flammenwerfer 35/41 available - is this a deliberate omission please?

Seems there is a lot of evidence that these were used in WWII from Early War onwards.

After all....it appears they invented the modern version!

sediment

Aren't they factored into assault engineer CA stats?

AJ at the Bank

Ah thanks Sediment  - Got it - doh!

I now see the CA is 8 on the Engineers (same as per v2 List) ....guessing this means they have the Flamethrower Ability and get the 12/10 attack then?

If so - wonder if their cost should go up? Still same as old version (90 points).
What do you think please?

Kiwidave

The 12/10 for flamethrowers is for vehicle-mounted weapons. You can't expect a man-portable flametrhower to fire 200 yards!

Dr Dave

Quote from: Kiwidave on 05 June 2019, 10:30:49 PM
The 12/10 for flamethrowers is for vehicle-mounted weapons. You can't expect a man-portable flamethrower to fire 200 yards!

Page 37; the last but one line on flamethrowers says: "All flamethrowers have an attack value of 12/10, which is 12 attacks at up to 10 cm range."

I have to admit that I think that you're right - so this might already be in the planned errata.

Big Insect

Correct Kiwi Dave - higher factor is vehicle mounted - lower factors/range man-pack - some Engineers/Pioneers will get Flamethrower Infantry Upgrade options, some will have it already built in. All already picked up in the previous errata conversations.
Apply practical sense please.

Many thanks
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.