Hello from Italy

Started by Jamsus, 28 May 2019, 01:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

I'd be a very, very 'hirsute' mouse, at the mo'. ;D

Cheers - Phil

steve_holmes_11

Welcome Andrew, beautiful photographs.

Is that a sand table - quite rare these days, and beautifully done.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Techno on 29 May 2019, 05:26:16 PM
I'd be a very, very 'hirsute' mouse, at the mo'. ;D

Cheers - Phil

That's not surprising, since you are banned form using sharp implements.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

If only, Ian ! ;D ;D ;D ;D

(Not so much sharp implements, in the last few days.......But the Dremmel's taking a damn good hammering.*)

Cheers - Mr Covered-In-White-Metal-Shards. :D

* Stroll on.....The tungsten carbide bits/routers are clogging up, every few minutes. The one thing I don't like about using the Dremmel, is that I can't hear the talking books.

mmcv

Quote from: fsn on 29 May 2019, 08:24:55 AM
I should also point out that Techno is a sculptor for Pendraken. Have a look at the Korean War range or the Aztecs and he did a lot of the work on the Warband range.

Ever since reading this I've been thinking an inordinate amount about the Aztecs. I fear I smell another project brewing, they are lovely looking sculpts. X_X

P.S. whatever taboo exists around the Aztecs predates my joining the forum, so I'll say it loud and proud! Until I get shouted down and shamed. Then I'll probably still say it loud and proud but with a wry smile...

FierceKitty

It's time for an Aztec pride day down Mexico way.

Don't care whether I wear a feather, get used to it!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

Quote from: mmcv on 06 June 2019, 07:08:50 PM
P.S. whatever taboo exists around the Aztecs predates my joining the forum, so I'll say it loud and proud! Until I get shouted down and shamed. Then I'll probably still say it loud and proud but with a wry smile...

FierceKitty launched a lengthy campaign to get Pendraken to make 10mm Aztecs that put Cato the Censor ("Carthago Delenda Est!") to shame! :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

mmcv

Ah, I did notice such comments when pursuing some past posts. Fair play. What have the Romans ever done for us? Brought us the Aztecs!

Leman

FK will insist on calling them Mexicans, so perhaps Techno could produce a suitably attired mariachi band!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

mmcv

They also called themselves the Tenochca, which has neither modern nor imperialist implications.

Apologies to Jamsus for thread derailment but it's a pretty common occurrence round these parts!

Techno

Quote from: Leman on 07 June 2019, 07:56:09 AM
FK will insist on calling them Mexicans, so perhaps Techno could produce a suitably attired mariachi band!

X_X Bog off !  :P ;)

Having said that......I did catch something on the TV a couple of nights ago, which I really want to make. :)

Just a one off 'from' WWII.

It made me smile, LOTS !

When I've got some spare time (HAH !!), I'll have to have a go at this one.
Not something that Leon would ever ask me to make....So it'll be 'off my own bat'.

Cheers - Phil

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

Bet you peeked at all your Christmas presents.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Quote from: ianrs54 on 07 June 2019, 09:56:25 AM
OK - so what ??????? IanS

Does that mean you want a clue, Ian ?  ;)

I'd never heard of this 'character'.....(Which is hardly surprising with my lack of historical knowledge).....But I'd bet at least half of the WWII 'gang', here would instantly get the answer, with the only clue(s) I can think of at the mo'.

Cheers - Phil