Henry Hyde - Battlechat 22!

Started by Leon, 28 May 2019, 12:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We were delighted to be interviewed by Henry Hyde this past weekend for Battlechat 22, which is available through his Patreon site here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/battlechat-22-of-27106209 

We chatted for nearly 2 hours in total, covering all sorts of subjects from the history of Pendraken and the impact of technology through to the challenges facing the industry over the coming years, so head over and have a listen!  Henry has long been an advocate of the smaller scales, so if you like what you hear and would like more, you can subscribe to his Patreon page and get early access to all of the content he's producing.  It's definitely worth the price of a cup of coffee!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

A really interesting wide ranging discussion on our hobby and the business side of it :)

Thanks for sharing Leon, was good to listen to as I was painting
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Nice one, Leon.  :)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

How many clones had to do overtime to let you out in daylight to do that? ;)

Great job all.

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Interesting and informative interview, well done to both!

I still have some Wild Geese 10mm ECW figures ... unpainted, naturally. :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leman

Fascinating insight into how the business side of the hobby works. Thanks for making it available.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

mmcv

Interesting listen, thanks for sharing.

Ben Waterhouse

Very interesting conversation. Thanks for doing this.
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Steve J

Still the last 20 minutes to finish, but a great insight into running a business in our wonderful hobby. Very interesting in how many businesses are 'propped' up by day jobs. I know that if I tried to sell my scratch built scenery, I wouldn't even be paying myself the minimum wage for a teenager :(.

Noktu

Must've been my first ever podcast I've tuned into.

I'd be ready to support Pendraken on the path to increase prices. It is only fair these folks get what they deserve.