QRS

Started by Cross698, 20 May 2019, 12:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cross698

QRS
20 May 2019, 12:20:33 PM Last Edit: 20 May 2019, 12:51:35 PM by Cross698
I know there are inaccuracies in relation to the terrain movement summary in the rule book and QRS. Can i just also clarify the "Hit Summary"?

4+ Unit in the open/ No cover
Flamethrower v all units & Minefields

5+ Soft or partial cover
Exposed AFV
All vehicles (but this should be AFVs that can carry INF or Eng) in BUA when assaulting INF or INF Support weapons
Mortars, IG and off table artillery v open (should read exposed) AFV

6 Unit in hard or full cover
Full AFV - ??????
Command units (except overruns 4+)
Mortars, IG and off table artillery v Full AFV

Is the Hit on 6 as implies in the Hit Summary Correct - ie Full AFVs are now only hit on a 6, even in the open??? and therefore Open AFVs only hit on 5s in the open?

thanks
Andy
:-

Prophaniti

The 5 and 6 to hit for afvs is for arty and air strikes, but the summary does not make this clear at all.

Cross698

20 May 2019, 12:48:25 PM #2 Last Edit: 20 May 2019, 12:51:01 PM by Cross698
They are listed separately as artillery and mortar fire is on the bottom line of the "Hit Summary" in addition to AFV etc

Big Insect

The Full AFV hit on a 6 only applies to in-direct fire - for direct fire they are hit on a 4-5-6 in the open as usual (this can be clarified)

With regards to the statement:
"All vehicles (but this should be AFVs that can carry INF or Eng) in BUA when assaulting INF or INF Support weapons" - why add the bracket?

Other vehicles other than AFVs - such as the Tachanka (for example or the Komosomolets) can also potentially assault in a BUA ... but that might also need a clarification in the lists as both are also in the Vehicle section of the lists, but there are others (probably) that will fall into this grey area. The intention is that all vehicles are disadvantaged attacking infantry in a BUA.

The Tachanka is probably more of an Infantry/Cavalry Support unit ... but I am starting to split hairs here  :D
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Cross698

20 May 2019, 01:13:01 PM #4 Last Edit: 20 May 2019, 01:15:40 PM by Cross698
Quote from: Big Insect on 20 May 2019, 01:06:04 PM
The Full AFV hit on a 6 only applies to in-direct fire - for direct fire they are hit on a 4-5-6 in the open as usual (this can be clarified)

The Full AFV and Exposed AFV need to be removed or clearly marked as indirect, as there is already a line talking about mortars, artillery etc and this is confusing, especially to new players.

With regards to the statement:
"All vehicles (but this should be AFVs that can carry INF or Eng) in BUA when assaulting INF or INF Support weapons" - why add the bracket?
Brackets because it was clarified in another post, so NOT All vehicles

Cuachiqueh

Hi All,

In the QRS, there's the Testing for Casualties table at the bottom of p.1, and the Hit Summary table on p.2. While the Hit Summary table is more detailed, the two tables seem to convey the same information. Is there a real difference between the two tables that I'm not seeing?

From its position in the QRS (at the end of the Close Assault summary), I was wondering if the Testing for Casualties table shouldn't have been the table for calculating hits from the Close Assault section on p.41.

As an aside, the tables titled Testing for Casualties I've found in the rules are in the Artillery Support and Air Support sections. These in-rule tables don't have the line for "AFV-flamethrowers / Minefields vs All units" that is found in the table in the QRS.

Thanks,

Jim 

Big Insect

Many thanks - noted  :)
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Itinerant Hobbyist

Yep, today I was looking it over and it seemed laid out in a unusual manner. I feel like it should flow with the flow of the game