Rule Book coming apart

Started by AJ at the Bank, 18 May 2019, 12:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJ at the Bank

Chaps

First - thank you again for getting BKCIV out to market - very much appreciated ...and just starting to read it.

Slight problem there though - no sooner than started leafing the pages, than they started to tear out from the bottom.

Sat with my gaming pal ...starting to read our books for the first time ...and both books started to rip multiple pages within a few minutes.

Hopefully its just a few duff pages (not a problem) ...but will advise if not as read more.

Anyone else reported this problem please?
Thanks
Adam
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Cross698

Yes mine too, will probably get the pdf when it is available.

petercooman

Big Insect

Adam - I expect yours (plus Crossfires and Dr Dave's) are the most 'thumbed' sets  ;D

I'm sure Leon will pick up on this.

My own is still in pretty good nick though

Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Leon

Sadly we had a few BKC-III copies that did this and we'd spoken to the publishers about it specifically.  Let me know if they continue to shed pages and become un-usable and we'll get replacements out to you.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Solo General

Hello Everyone,

I thought it was just a fluke that my rule book was coming apart but I see others are having the same problem. The bottom of the pages are separating from the binding. Mine started coming loose beginning with page 5 and spreading so far to page 20. I do hope these reports are few and far between. Cheers.

T13A

Hi

Sadly mine started to come apart a few weeks ago, didn't want to report it then for the same reasons as Solo General. :(

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Techno

Give the printers 'some stick', Leon ! >:(

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Make sure the printers pay - goods not fit for purpose.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

Wire binding is best for wargames rules so they can lie flat when open on the table. With the best will in the world you've always got to refer to them for those odd little rules that are seldom used, or just as a reminder when you've laid off a rule set for a few months. Best sets I have come across for it are Impetus, FK&P, TtS, Square Bashing and the like. Worst are the big hard bound efforts, like the BP stable and the Saga Universes.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Raider4

Quote from: Leman on 21 May 2019, 03:08:05 PM
Wire binding is best for wargames rules so they can lie flat when open on the table.

I like the plastic comb binders. I have taken a couple of soft-bound rulebooks to Staples in the past, and they've sliced them up and bound them for a very modest fee. RIP Staples.

We also have the binding machine at work so I can bind all my print-your-own rules that I want.

Leman

One of the first things I did when I retired was buy a comb binder and a laminater. Two of the best purchases I've made in the last ten years.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

T-Square

I use sheet protectors and binders for QRSs and other cheat sheets.  I've got some rules that the bindings are getting beat up on.  I'll probably do the same with them too.  They are great for binding PDF rules.  You can change out pages or make annotations easily.  They come in many sizes.

Cross698

Quote from: Big Insect on 18 May 2019, 11:11:53 PM
Adam - I expect yours (plus Crossfires and Dr Dave's) are the most 'thumbed' sets  ;D

Cheeky  :D
I'll probably get the PDF once the amendments have been done, unfortunately it seems to be coming loose from the bottom to the mid point! I try not to break the bind, but you are right, I have been thumbing through it a bit!