Cruel Seas - where to find bits?

Started by Wulf, 19 May 2019, 12:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulf

OK, so I now have the CRuel Seas rulebook. And very nice it is too, and a lovely simple set of rules. But ALL I have is the rulebook. I can create my own ships, etc, I have already bought some wake markers on eBay, but what I really need are the ship data cards. I can't see any way to get those other than by buying the official miniatures & box sets. They look quite necessary, giving the location & arcs of weapons, etc. which aren't given on the data charts in the book. Are the data cards available for purchase or download, or else some nicely fan-produced versions? I was also surprised not to see any separate reference cards - has anyone done any?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Facebook Cruel Seas Mosquito Squadron has a lot of downloads in the 'files' section.
Or copy a mates...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sunjester

Quote from: mad lemmey on 19 May 2019, 02:15:45 PM
Facebook Cruel Seas Mosquito Squadron has a lot of downloads in the 'files' section.
Or copy a mates...
The are also some in the file of Facebook Cruel Seas The Dock Office,  but many are duplicates of Mosquito Squadron. There are also alternative QR sheets in the files sections.

Heroics and Ros do some nice boats and their Fairmile D is a third of the price of Warlord's model. Plus there are lots of 3D print files available on Wargaming 3D, some of which are free, so you can make good use of your printer.

Wulf

Thanks, I'm awaiting acceptance into Mosquito Squadron.

Ithoriel

Even using 1/600th scale H&R/ TD stuff we can work out gun arcs well enough to make do without the cards.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

pierre the shy

Since we're talking about small ships does anyone know where I can get hold of a single 1/300th scale model of a British LCT Mk 4 from?

No I'm not taking up Cruel Seas, its for a one off project I'd like to do.

Thanks
Peter

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

sunjester

Scotia Grendel do at least two different LCTs but I'm not sure which versions.

pierre the shy

Thanks Sunjester but they make LCT Mk 3 and Mk5 which are quite different from Mk 4....l have found a 3d printed Mk4 on Shapeways but its US$50 if you want printed 20mm AA guns in the after guntubs.....

Why do l want one? My father served as a very young acting Sub-Lt on one of the first LCT's that carried the Canadian 3rd Inf Div ashore at  Juno beach early on DDay. After much digging l have found details of what they carried that day so want to include a model of his ship with the medals he left me a few years ago in a small display.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.