Siesta in Sortino - part 3 of an Operation Husky Campaign.

Started by Steve J, 18 May 2019, 10:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

Poor Italians, the dice gods really had it in for them!

Steve J

Yep, after the previous games when they'd done quite well, this game it all fell apart at the seams :(.

Norm

I thought the table looked good. I took particular note of your comment re the effect of taking hits off v leaving them on and was quite taken by the British luck in getting 5 activations like that, a complete contrast to failing command rolls and something to have regard for when considering enemy potential.

Steve J

Sometime Lady Luck allows things like this to happen. I've had the same with poor CV Russians, whilst seeing great CV SS do next to nothing.

Dave Fielder

Methinks the next and possibly last battle in this series might be a different story. The resistance to the Allied advance is deepening and the quality may increase massively with a German force added. Lady luck is my main weapon, Lady Luck and surprise is my main weapon. Lady Luck, surprise and ....
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Steve J

The new defence Dave is Rhubarb, which is complete anathema to you ;) :D

Terry37

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno

Dave Fielder

So the Germans did use rhubarb, multiple chemical weapon strikes from mortar tubes.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis