I have no words...

Started by sultanbev, 09 May 2019, 10:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sultanbev

fred.

I saw this too.

I did wonder what the point of the blades was. As surely a 50kg solid missile fired at a person is really going to ruin their day, let alone with a few blades attached to it.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

mmcv

Someone was likely reading some Iain M Banks novels, read about knife missiles and had a lightbulb moment...

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Dr Dave

Quote from: fred. on 09 May 2019, 10:26:53 PM
I saw this too.

I did wonder what the point of the blades was. As surely a 50kg solid missile fired at a person is really going to ruin their day, let alone with a few blades attached to it.

You don't have to quite so pinpoint if the physical footprint is larger. But I'm not sure how the blades actually deploy. It is reaching a point with Hellfire that it's a missile where you need to really know your target set first. I spoke an air gunner a few weeks ago and we discussed their new AP incendiary WH - primarily for anti-FIAC use.  :o

steve_holmes_11

FierceKitty

Won't be the first military white elephant!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

sultanbev

"AP incendiary WH - primarily for anti-FIAC use."

Am out of date on acryonms - armour piercing incendiary Warhammer, and FIAC???

Mark

Ithoriel

Fast Inshore/Incoming Attack/Assault Craft .... AFAIK :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

sultanbev

Ah, FAC - fast attack craft in old money.

Mark