BKC IV with 1/72 and 28mm on a smallish table

Started by Norm, 19 May 2019, 07:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Had another go with the rules this afternoon, this time bringing artillery into play.

I just put up the bigger scale on the table to see how things went. I am really enjoying these rules.

There is a short discussion and a couple of in game photo's up on the blog.

LINK

http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2019/05/blitzkrieg-commander-iv-in-172.html

petercooman

Nice report!

Must admit i never tried bkc With anything else than 10 mm. I have 28mm (bolt action armies) but i think those are to big for the scale of the rules for me. Have toyed with making some forces in 1/72 though, and have all the kit i need to do so. It's just easier using what is already painted over something i have to build from scratch  ;D

T-Square

I see you used inches for measuring.  That really changes the flavor of the game.  Suddenly you are thinking, "Damn, I'm already in range and I just set up!"   That's why I like these rules, they adapt to different scales.   Now, how about 1/35th scale and using feet?  Going to have to set up in the local gym.

Big Insect

Very nice Norm and we played a lot of 1/72nd (20mm) test games as it helped us to get a flavour of the infantry rules.
Big armoured clashes we go down to 10mm or even 6mm.

Thankyou for sharing

Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.