imaginations 3 battle campaign for Dark Ages

Started by Norm, 07 May 2019, 03:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

A fellow blogger, Jay, has but together a 3 battle mini campaign for some 18th Century imaginations action. It is hex based, but he has provided maps and counters for download, though the engine could quite easily be used on an open table and indeed the original scenarios are intended to be used that way.

I have taken his campaign engine and adapted it to an 'imaginations' Dark Age story line. All good fun.

Link

http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2019/05/1065-and-all-that-yes-you-read-that.html

Steve J

3 really interesting scenarios in a period I have long enjoyed. Looking forward to giving them a run out at some point in the future.

Norm

Thanks Steve, re your comments on the blog, yes, I feel the same about the simplicity. Considering he gets by with something very workable in just two and a half pages, I am left wondering just what he could have done with say 5 pages, that would still be really low level complexity, but the scope for greater depth could have been put to good use by someone of his 'clear thinking' and design talents.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Raider4

Not had a chance to read it all yet, but combining One Hour Wargames and a hex-based board (thank you Portable Wargame)is exactly the road I'm gently ambling down at the moment!

Will peruse later when I have a moment.

jambo1

Good read, enjoyed it and will be using it myself!! :)