M48

Started by flamingpig0, 07 May 2019, 01:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kabrank

Hi Mart

Made my day to discover these are comming.

Early cold war moves ever closer!

Are the M48 a one off or a start at re doing some of the older "modern" vehicles to match current standards?

Will be buying the new M48 once available.

Kelvin

Leon

Quote from: kabrank on 18 May 2019, 11:44:14 AM
Are the M48 a one off or a start at re doing some of the older "modern" vehicles to match current standards?

It's only really the M48 as the current one in the Vietnam range was done by a different designer and isn't quite right when put next to the M46/M47's.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

John Cook

I was thinking of Soviets, E Germans, Poles etc., British in 57 Pattern webbing and MkIV helmets.  Not really interested in ME and Asian wars.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

For the Brits - look to the Falklands range. For most European armies the Argentines should do. Excptions would be the French and US.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Raider4

Quote from: Leon on 18 May 2019, 04:38:22 PM
It's only really the M48 as the current one in the Vietnam range was done by a different designer and isn't quite right when put next to the M46/M47's.

So if I want more M48s to match the one I've already got, I'd better get them quick?

John Cook

Quote from: ianrs54 on 19 May 2019, 09:20:35 AM
For the Brits - look to the Falklands range. For most European armies the Argentines should do. Excptions would be the French and US.

IanS

Sorry, but although the Falkland range has some suitable British figures, I'm not interested in figures that just 'do'. 

OK - Dutch, M! Helmet, FN, MAG, Danes similar, as are the Belguims and Canadians (although they used  a heavy barrel FN as LMG), Germans HK G3, which at 10mm looks like the FN, but silly MGs, (never did like the MG3). That cloes enough to do ? Particulay since all the combat kit was based on the US stuff.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

John Cook

Quote from: ianrs54 on 19 May 2019, 10:04:02 AM
OK - Dutch, M! Helmet, FN, MAG, Danes similar, as are the Belguims and Canadians (although they used  a heavy barrel FN as LMG), Germans HK G3, which at 10mm looks like the FN, but silly MGs, (never did like the MG3). That cloes enough to do ? Particulay since all the combat kit was based on the US stuff.

Not really.  I reiterate.  "I was thinking of Soviets, E Germans, Poles etc".  I know what allied troops looked like in the 1970s, and the kit they used.. 

flamingpig0

Quote from: Raider4 on 19 May 2019, 09:22:36 AM
So if I want more M48s to match the one I've already got, I'd better get them quick?

Yes I thought that -
"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Leon

Quote from: Raider4 on 19 May 2019, 09:22:36 AM

Quote from: flamingpig0 on 19 May 2019, 06:42:52 PM
Yes I thought that -

We'd still have the old mould in the workshop so we can still supply older models if you need to finish off existing armies, no worries.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!