Emperor of Ice - Sellswords and Spellslingers Campaign

Started by sunjester, 06 May 2019, 09:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

Much of those are quoting me and Sunjester during the game as we react to the dice rolls. The reactions to Eddie fighting the wolves is a case in point. Nobody is quite sure how he keeps killing things, given he has no skill points in fighting.  It was SJ who said a few games back he probably just waves the sword around with his eyes closed, and on Friday I acted out the Elf prodding him from a safe distance once all the wolves were dead.

Some of of the coincidences make for running jokes. I'm sure the ranger has fallen over a disproportionate amount of time, despite being the alleged "wilds" expert, and stepped on poisonous wildlife, leading to suspicions in the party he is carrying round scorpions for unknown ranger reasons.

Early on I noted the fighter's armour looked like one of Monty Python's knights from Holy Grail, hence getting called Bravely Bold Sir Robin (actually its Terry Jones's Bedivere costume). Thus he has been characterised as a sort of mash up of all of them (except Chapman's "only sane man" Arthur.)

For some reason the cleric has always charged into combat from the first scenario, you'd have to ask SJ why. This is despite SJ realising AFTER A NUMBER OF GAMES he had the Safe Retreat skill. Thus he was named in honour of a friend who has gone to that Great Wargame Table in the Sky, who had one tactic, even if his orders were Defend.

Eddie acquired his name because I mispronounced the class as Wizzard. He only became properly power mad when he learnt the fireball spell.

Gunnar's family name is as close as I could get to the dwarfish for Sugden.  The "cultural enemy' running joke is because he overcame overwhelming odds 3 times in 2 games, each time I explained it as because they were "cultural enemies". I think the first time was when he killed the cloud Giant. This has lead Sintamo to point out dwarves do seem to have a lot of enemies, though  Gunnar doesn't appreciate the sarcasm. You could say it goes over his head.

High rolls for shooting the bows have turned into a competition between the 2 archers, with SJ and I trying to call the most unlikely reasons we hit in true Orlando Bloom style. Both were outclassed by Eduardo, though. We amended the rules to say oif the fireball isn't aimed at a specific person/feature etc it deviates 1d6 in a random direction. This lead to him hitting a group of bandits beyond maximum range- he must have skipped the fireball bouncing bomb/ducks and drakes style into them.
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

sunjester

Quote from: Techno on 14 September 2019, 06:03:46 PM
I've got a horrible feeling it is. .....If not, it looks very much like one I made for Heartbreaker a lifetime ago. X_X

Cheers - Phil
The other couple of Heatbreaker poses I've still got are probably also yours then!

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement chaps. LH and I are having too much fun with this gang of misfits, so I'm working on another campaign for them now.

Techno

Quote from: sunjester on 15 September 2019, 07:25:38 AM
The other couple of Heatbreaker poses I've still got are probably also yours then !

Could be....But there were also Kev Adams, Chaz Elliot and Tim Prow working for them around that time.

(If they're undead....They'll be mine. :-[)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

sunjester

Quote from: Techno on 15 September 2019, 08:24:50 AM
Could be....But there were also Kev Adams, Chaz Elliot and Tim Prow working for them around that time.

(If they're undead....They'll be mine. :-[)

Cheers - Phil
They are more skellies, so they are yours. Is anyone still selling these?

I also had some elves, I think by Chaz Elliot, but I've no idea what happened to them.

Last Hussar

Too lost to remember to open their box and pet them.

GNU PTerry

Techno

Quote from: sunjester on 15 September 2019, 09:53:31 AM
They are more skellies, so they are yours. Is anyone still selling these?

I have a feeling that 'Impact Miniatures' bought the licence........But I believe they were producing them in 'resin'.....There was a kickstarter a few months ago.

I'm 99% certain that I've got the complete first two Heartbreaker releases in one of the sheds.....And 99% certain I know exactly where they are.

PM me if you want the metal versions, Graham.

Cheers - Phil

Last Hussar

Next time you are in that great metropolis along the Wing Rd feel free to let me know. Or aren't I good enough to drink with you and SJ?

For those who wish to recreate our heroic band...

Gunnar - Dwarf - Neutral Good - High CON
Christos - Cleric - Lawful Aggressive
Eldarondo - Elf - Narcissistic Neutral - High DEX, healing skills
Robin- Fighter - Lawful Stupid - + on weapon skills
Sintamo- Ranger - Neutral Clumsy
Eduardo - Chaotic Stoned.

GNU PTerry

Techno

X_X X_X X_X X_X

Good grief !

For Graham (Sunjester) I've rooted around in one of the sheds this afto'.....

I thought I still had a few models that might be of some interest to him.....(From the old original Heartbreaker ranges).....Bu t I didn't realise I still had SO many old models......Stroll on !!

I believed that I'd junked almost everything before we moved to Wales.

(I nearly finished off my back, lifting some of the trays of models......I kid you not !)

There were blisters and blisters of ranges that I was involved in......"Earth Dawn" ?....Name rings a bell...and I can tell that I made some of the figures, from the style....But apart from that.....

Umpteen kilos of Battlemech figures.....And still quite a lot of very early Citadel stuff....Including some of their first plastic models.....

Cheers - The Hoarder.