Query from Facebook Group - Reconnoitre

Started by cardophillipo, 01 May 2019, 07:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cardophillipo

Query from David W on the BKC Facebook page.

Am I reading this right?

2nd paragraph on page 31 under "Reconnoitre" reads, in part,:

"The score required on 1d6 to reconnoitre the terrain will be 1 per full 10cm distance to the centre of the area to be reconoittred, e.g. 1 up to 10cm, 2 up to 20cm, 3 up to 30cm, etc. A roll of 1 is always unsuccessful and the reconnoitre is successful if the score is equal to or greater than that required."

So a D6 score of 1 or more is required to search an area less 20cm but a 1 always fails. So the minimum successful score is 2 not 1 as implied by e.g. "1 up to 10cm". Correct?

I ask as it seems there are a few typos in BKC IV so just wanting to confirm. Thanks

Cheers

Richard P

Dr Dave

It's a typo of sorts I think - a roll of 1 on a d6 has always been a fail ever since bkc1.

Big Insect

It's an inconsistency that needs correcting.

A roll of a 1 for communication is always a fail, this needs to be the same for reconnoiter - it represents a failure of communication, rather than any difficulty in actually reconnoitering anything up close.

The reconnoiter rules were carried over from BKCIII and I thought I'd adjusted them to correct this, but it has slipped through the final edit.

I don't do Facebook - so happy to have this answer posted up by somebody if that helps?

Cheers
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

cardophillipo