Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
22 February 2020, 05:59:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
How did we do in 2019?  Read our Review and find out!
291505 Posts in 17328 Topics by 2202 Members
Latest Member: hammurabi70
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Pendraken Releases, Requests and Photos!
| |-+  Photos (Moderator: MaximumJpeg)
| | |-+  MiniHammer 40K (Warhammer 40K In 10mm) Imperial Guard, Space Marines etc.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MiniHammer 40K (Warhammer 40K In 10mm) Imperial Guard, Space Marines etc.  (Read 1588 times)
Paul.B
Cadet

« on: 27 April 2019, 05:19:40 PM »

Hi folks,

Following on from my MiniHammer thread - classic Warhamer Fantasy in 10mm (with centimeter measurements for games instead of inches) - I've embarked on a parallel project doing the same trick with Warhammer 40K.

I started off scratch building a couple of Space Marines from plasticard rod pieces and sculpting some greenstuff for the helmet and shoulder pads. I used a Pendraken human to get the scale right.

Since completing two Space Wolves marines (which I will continue to expand upon), I've picked up some stuff for Imperial Guard. For these guys I wanted something somewhere between the canonical 40K Vostroyans - which are styled after Cossacks - and a mixture of British Guards and Napoleonic Chasseurs a Pied.

In short, greatcoats topped with a fur hat or bearskin.

I've used Pendraken's WW1 Germans in greatcoats (the Picklehaube wearing models) which I've sculpted fur hats onto. You can also see there's one chap I've turned his weapon into a Plasma gun:

For the Heavy Bolter fire support squad (basically HMGs), I've used Finnish WW2 machine gun teams with sculpted fur hats.

This Leman Russ tank is a WW1 British MKIV with a scratch built turret, it is held on with a magnet to allow rotation, and the gun can be swapped out.

Apologies to those not familiar with the setting!

Hope you enjoy.
Steve J
General

« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2019, 05:39:32 PM »

Some great conversions there Cool.

http://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - 2 x Winner!
mad lemmey
Marquis

« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2019, 06:15:55 PM »

Nicely done

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
toxicpixie
Major General

« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2019, 08:30:48 PM »

They’re superb! Especially those marines Smiley

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting
mmcv
Major

« Reply #4 on: 27 April 2019, 11:56:55 PM »

Excellent work!
Techno
Count

« Reply #5 on: 28 April 2019, 07:40:05 AM »

Really Excellent !!  Thumbs up  Applause Thumbs up

Look easily good enough to be produced commercially !
(Except, of course, a certain firm might throw a bit of a wobbly, and mutter things about copyright !) Wink

You must have done this sort of thing before, Paul ?

Cheers - Phil

FSN IS an oik...I wonder when he'll change his signature again . :-)
Techno....AND STILL.....The most picked on member of the forum since 2011
ianrs54
Playtester
Lieutenant General

« Reply #6 on: 28 April 2019, 09:37:39 AM »

Nice stuff.

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF HURRAY

Muppet of the year 2019, and 2020
Paul.B
Cadet

« Reply #7 on: 29 April 2019, 10:44:45 PM »

Thanks all for the kind words Cheesy

Really Excellent !!  Thumbs up  Applause Thumbs up

Look easily good enough to be produced commercially !
(Except, of course, a certain firm might throw a bit of a wobbly, and mutter things about copyright !) Wink

You must have done this sort of thing before, Paul ?

Cheers - Phil

Thanks Phil. Well I've done a bit of sculpting and converting at 28mm scale before but not at 10mm, but I am finding it quite enjoyable. The marines are fun to make from plasticard shapes Cheesy.

Yeah I think GeeDubs would have a thing or two to say about commercial production, sadly, although with that said I'm aware of some firms who produce 6mm scale stuff that's quite blatantly "inspired" by GW's IP with apparently no hassle, so perhaps they don't care about smaller scales?

I was going to make them less official looking and more "counts-as" originally, but when it came to it I figured as I'm only making them for my personal use might as well make them proper Space Marines. Considering doing some Chaos ones too.
Kassad
Captain

« Reply #8 on: 02 May 2019, 09:25:18 AM »

Great conversions!

2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
Paul.B
Cadet

« Reply #9 on: 21 May 2019, 05:03:03 PM »

Thanks Kassad!

The first infantry squad is now fully complete, including the Vox trooper and a sergeant. I made a little boltgun for him and replaced the sabre blade with a chunkier one painted to look like a chainsword.

I've also finished up a support squad of autocannons:

A lot more infantry to do (5 more squads) plus a squadron of Rough Rider cavalry.
toxicpixie
Major General

« Reply #10 on: 21 May 2019, 05:09:12 PM »

Su-bloody-perb Smiley

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting
mad lemmey
Marquis

« Reply #11 on: 21 May 2019, 06:33:42 PM »

Rather superb

Chekov's Gun, Occam's Razor, and Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle walk into a bar. You won't believe what happens next!

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner 😎
petercooman
Lieutenant General

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt

« Reply #12 on: 21 May 2019, 06:48:43 PM »

Coincidently, i have just discovered the "grimdark future" free rules set. Looks pretty fun, and is a more simple and approachable version of 40K (and should play faster)

https://onepagerules.com/portfolio/grimdark-future/

I'll be trying the kill team variant in about an hour!

https://onepagerules.com/portfolio/grimdark-future-firefight/

Might interest you!
mmcv
Major

« Reply #13 on: 21 May 2019, 07:25:47 PM »

Superb work!
paulr
General

« Reply #14 on: 21 May 2019, 08:33:26 PM »

Thumbs up Applause Thumbs up Applause

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print