HOTT The Purge

Started by Terry37, 24 April 2019, 10:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

+1 also. Using bird colors opens a world of possibilities but, Terry, wouldn't this element be called a "flock"?  :P
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Terry37

Thank you gentlemen for the kind remarks. This has really been a very enjoyable project. Not one I took a lot of seriousness in, but really to just have fun creating some funny and colorful elements. Had to do some research into what gangers might look like and being honest even some of the pictures I saw were scary!!!

Bill, a interesting suggestion!!! I checked the rules for a "Flock" element but the closest I could come up with was a Flier. Somehow I don't see these bad boys actually being able to fly, so I'll leave them as a Warband.....or maybe a Warband Flock!!!!  :D

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Terry37

I've finished the base coats on the last Ganger Warband element - they're sort of a elitist punk rocker type group. One has a big Mohawk and one is a converted riot policeman wearing a motorcycle helmet, and baseball catchers pads (and he turned out very cool I think). The last guy is just a big tuff - all brawn and no brain! Definitely fun ones to paint up. I hope to do the shading and Highlighting tomorrow and share pictures. Then I'll start basing the entire army and start working on the Stronghold. Two of the figures I know are Rebel, and the third, the guy with the Mohawk might also be. This gives me 26 points for eh army so i can swap out the clowns as some find them too creepy. Painted really quickly and I a looking forward to getting them into play!

The Stronghold will be a couple of lower income storefronts and apartments above, so there will be some conversion to turn the buildings to that description.

More soon,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Terry37

22 July 2019, 08:00:59 PM #95 Last Edit: 22 July 2019, 08:07:14 PM by Terry37
OK, all of the figures are now painted, and glued to their bases. The next step is to do up the bases and paint them, then properly do the Stronghold and it's ready for action. Due to a friend's preference to not deal with clowns, I have two versions. After all, the local guys respect my immense fear of spiders and so do not play them, I can easily understand.

Here's the final Warband element - a mixed bag of thugs!

Here's option A, with the Birdwatchers. Note the buildings in the back ground. They will eventually be converted into a store on the lower left building and painted up as a lower income area of a large city.  Those are 6 MM Leven models and I really like them for my HOTT armies.

Here's option B, with the clowns.

So, it's on to the basing now!!!

Terry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

I like the clowns as they really stand out from the crowd 8).

mmcv

Looking forward to seeing them all based up

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Looking very, very nice, Terry.  :-bd

Cheers - Phil

sunjester

Super job! I like the clowns in the line up as they really stand out, in a creepy sort of way.