HOTT The Purge

Started by Terry37, 24 April 2019, 10:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

Flaming Pig, That's an interesting musical HOTT list. I had once thought of doing something based on KISS. Might still do it some day as I enjoy the conversion challenges that would be involved.

Thanks,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

flamingpig0

Quote from: Terry37 on 11 May 2019, 11:47:42 PM
Flaming Pig, That's an interesting musical HOTT list. I had once thought of doing something based on KISS. Might still do it some day as I enjoy the conversion challenges that would be involved.

Thanks,

Terry
Unfortunately I am a very poor painter and an  even worse modeller so the list will probably never be actualised.

"I like coffee exceedingly..."
 H.P. Lovecraft

"We don't want your stupid tanks!" 
Salah Askar,

My six degrees of separation includes Osama Bin Laden, Hitler, and Wendy James

Terry37

Flaming Pig, Do not let anything stop you in creating the Music army, as it sounds great. If you need some help making the guitars, etc. I am happy to offer my assistance. Just let ,me know what you need and the scale. You could also do a van as the Stronghold as all bands at least started out in one. Although, none of the bands I played in ever did, but that's because none of us owned a car, let alone a van - I'm talking early '60's.

Re my Purge effort, I have made a change to my bad guys - Purgers, army and decided to go ahead and do it as a standard HOTT army so I can play it in open gaming and not just in my Purge scenario. The good guys - survivors, are still as originally planned.

Last night I glued all the figures save two elements on painting sticks and primed them. Phew! That primer is stinky stuff, but one does what one must do!!! The teo elements I still need to do are the General element, a Pimp with his body guards, and another Shooter element. I am expecting the necessary figures to arrive in tomorrows mail. Once I have them, I'll clean them up quickly and glue them on painting sticks and primed and then it's full speed ahead on painting them. I have to admit, that I am really looking forward to creating some crazy costumed Purgers!!!!

More to follow...."Stay Safe"!!!!

Terry

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Terry37

Just a short update. I have nearly finished the base coats on the first four elements and will share a post soon. May wait until they been finished, but we'll see. I will say it has been fun creating so many characters form the movies - primarily The Purge Anarchy (which to me is the best one).

More soon,

Terry

Terry37

Normally I would not share pictures of figures in progress, but thought you all might like seeing the progress. Sill a few bits to hit, and final touch-ups before washing/shading and highlighting, but you'll get an idea anyway.

Hero element for the Survivor team - left to right: Shane, Liz, Eva, Cali and Leo. About half way through the movie, Cali lost her army jacket, so I opted for that version of her.

Compare them to this picture to better understand the element. This picture is in reverse order by character of my figures above, i.e. Leo is far left and Dwayne at far right.

Shooter element survivor team - Purge Resistance Fighters - Carmelo Johns center, Dante Bishop left and unnamed Resistance Fighter right.

Purge Team General: Pimp with his gangsta bodyguards.

Biker with his "old lady".

More to follow

Terry

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mmcv

Techno

Very nice work, Terry !!   :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Terry37

24 May 2019, 02:52:59 AM #39 Last Edit: 24 May 2019, 03:00:35 AM by Terry37
Although a busy week, I have just about finished the first 5 elements for this army. Most of the shading I'll do by hand, but the base coats are finally all but finished. Here are a few pics, but understand they are far from finished.

More soon,

Terry

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd
particularly the check shirt
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

They're going to look great !

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Looking like a great project again
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

I like the effect on the fur coat!

Terry37

Thank you all for the kind and supportive comments. It is proving a lot of fun. I've also been watching lots of gangland type movies for ideas and motivation as well as watching the Purge movies over and over and clips on YouTube.

I am sorry that Cali's checkered shirt didn't show up as well, but I was very pleased in how it turned out. I'll make sure you can see it in the next picture.

The fur coat on the pimp general was a fun to do. I got the idea from this picture I found on line.

More soon as I am starting the shading and highlighting now.

Terry