Starting Warband for 2 Players!

Started by Jamsus, 27 May 2019, 03:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Jamsus

After a bit of solo playtest, i finally invited a friend to try the game (a couple of friend, one is in the pics).

I wrote a bunch of house rules which i discussed also with Stephen to make the game more appealing for wargamers who likes more control on movement.

- We played at 750pt (more or less)

- Instead of generate randomly 1d6+X CP each turn, the player always generate 3 + D3 + X CPs.

- You have 1-3 purchaseable (25k) rerolls of a single d6

- Movement is no more random, but based on this table (probably we will add 12 BW movement to slower 2d6 - 1 units)

This last part was the more massive house rule used, but in the game worked really well!  Probably they need a bit more fixes and corrections, because they left some ambiguity (eg: impetuous movement)

They are definitely interested in digging more in to the game!

Techno

Looks like great fun, J.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Luddite

Looks like a lot of fun being had there sir.  Your table and minis look excellent too!

I lo e those little  uildings; are they home made?

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Jamsus