Fish

Started by Big Insect, 24 April 2019, 08:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Insect

Is anybody out there? If so, what armies are you playing with?
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Frequently. Out of the 12, I have:
Hill Dwarves
Barbarians
Gobbos
Hugh Elves (Like High Elves, but more polite)
Dark Elves
Taurians
Vampire based Undead
Eldrich Undead (underway)
Dragon men (x2, one good under construction, one evil)

Various on my reports are scattered across this board and my blog: https://madlemmey.blogspot.com/2019/03/10mm-warband-search-for-treasure-dark.html

No fish armies though...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

I've got a fish army - they haven't been out for Warband though.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Wulf

Quote from: fred. on 24 April 2019, 09:08:03 PM
I've got a fish army - they haven't been out for Warband though.
Shouldn't they be a navy, really?

FierceKitty

I've got many pikes in various armies.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

X_X

Go and get your coat, again, Alexander. ;)

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

My WW2 germans have "Cod mitt Uns" on their belt buckles.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Westmarcher

Nothing like a fish army to tip the scales.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Orcs

25 April 2019, 10:20:25 AM #9 Last Edit: 25 April 2019, 10:23:43 AM by Orcs
I have trouble "FIN"ishing my armies, I suppose most of us can tell that "TAIL".

Mrs Orcs does not nag me about the time I spend on them, I suppose she knows her "PLAICE"

( I hope she does not read this otherwise I will be GUTTED)

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

What's it worth not to tell her, Mark ?
Davy....You can go and get your coat, too. ;)

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 25 April 2019, 10:53:54 AM
What's it worth not to tell her, Mark ?

Cheers - Phil

Absolutely Nothing, Zero, Zilch.

Mrs Orcs is an absolute diamond. She never complains about the amount of time I spend in my Den Painting, or doing wargames stuff. If she has been out she call out "are you in the usual place",as she expects me to be there. She also tell me to go and paint, and has already asked if I have sorted the figures to take to Florida in a couple of weeks, so I can paint by the pool.

So far this year I have had about a dozen all day games, and a game almost every Friday evening.  last week I had two day games and a Friday night game, so I cannot complain at all.   

Big Insect

25 April 2019, 06:04:59 PM #12 Last Edit: 25 April 2019, 06:07:13 PM by Big Insect
Sounds like Mrs Orc is a diamond  :D

Thanks for the replies folks ... the title of the post was really to see what I might 'catch' by way of Warband players ... and I am fishing for insights

I'm afraid I am a 28mm Warband player - don't tell Leon or he'll drum me off the forum - I have the following Warband armies:

1). a Mordor Orc (plastic GW LotR orcs + cave trolls and spiders) - which plays as a Goblin (to their huge disgust)

2). a 'Feral' Elf army (metal Foundry Nymphs and Copplestone/Grenadier Wild Elves) - that plays as an Elf army

3). a Rohan army (again GW plastic LorT figures) - lots of nice charging horse etc.

4). and finally a Beast man (or should I say Beastwoman) army which is metal and is mostly 28mm Maidenhead Miniatures (from Australia) ... the 28mm massive Woolly Rhino and crew were what drew me to build it ... I picked it up on a Bring & Buy at a show cheaply and then spent a fortune importing the rest of the army to match.

The Orc is however by far the most successful on the table - that 'exploding' Shaman is a killer ... liturally.

I was just wondering what makes other Warband players like the game so much?

Cheers

Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The fact it is hilarious, always gets a result and always produced a good narrative for me (especially when my regular opponent with a +2 general never gets his troops moving)!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Luddite

I play regularly, mostly with Dwarves, Goblins, or Taurians.

I rarely win, but its fun losing!
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN