Cheriton 2019 - Game 1

Started by paulr, 23 April 2019, 04:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

3 separate refights one on each day

There was a changing mix of players on each day with most repeat players taking on different commands. On the third day most repeat players changed sides

The games played fairly quickly

• Friday     10 - 4:35
  • Saturday 10 - 3:15
  • Sunday   10 - 3
with about 30 minutes off for lunch, all the players were keen to get back into it :)

I hope to get the next two reports done in the next few days
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Cool, a great effort to run it 3 times over.

And really good that the players wanted to play again.

If you are able to share the scenario that would be great, Cheriton was one of the battles we fort last year with FKaP - and the scenario I came up with from one of the ecw scenario books was a bit different, although I know I didn't have a lot of table depth to play with, so did drop some stuff. The main difference was the wood, which I had on the right and you seem to have on the back left. I know that maps of ECW battles are quite often matters of interpretation and different authors can come up with very different scenarios based on the limited info available. So it's not about judging one against the other, it's more about having another game to play!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Poggle

Terrific set up and game report! Thanks for sharing.

paulr

Fred, it sounds like you fought your battle on the 'traditional site', mine was fought on the more southerly site as suggested by more recent research

Simon and Andrew provided assistance with the scenario and I'm talking to them about the best way to make it available

fred.

That sounds likely, I used one of the partisan press scenario books - which are a good few years old.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

This is a fantastic looking game and a testament to the amount of work that's gone into it!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

One of the players has bought a 10mm army based on the look of the game :)

Unfortunately for Pendraken it is an existing 10mm army but I suspect he won't stop at one ;)