Arnhem Mini-Campaign

Started by Steve J, 22 March 2024, 06:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Superb games, beautiful games and figures and great write ups.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Big Insect

Great set of reports - as always - Steve

And as usual you show us all what fun can be had with not a huge amount of units and kit - but the terrain certainly made it look fantastic.

The use of smoke and the effectiveness of the mortars is certainly something to consider with other such scenarios.

Thanks for sharing.
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

pierre the shy

Great work Steve J, thanks for taking the time to post your campaign Batreps  :-bd

Have to agree with Mark below that wargaming wise you have shown us all how one can do a great deal with a relatively small amount of units on each side. As always your table set up looks very realistic.

Good stuff! 
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Steve J

Thanks chaps!

My new gaming mat has certainly upped the visual appeal of my games, which is what I hoped it would do and I and others seem to like it :). Space and time constraints mean that I rarely have the time at present for Battalion level games, so these smaller actions tick many boxes for me.

@ Mark. I've been meaning to try 2" mortar smoke for years and after a search on this forum, came across your suggestion, which worked a treat. So moving forward I aim to carry on with this. Nott too powerful but if you can get it into the action, it does help, which is of course good to see.