Additions, Omissions, Errata etc - please post here

Started by Big Insect, 21 April 2019, 08:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Insect

Do you mean Sniper [R] - in which case yes - makes sense to add that in as they are Command units. Although it does state on Page 79 specifically that they can fire in the Initiative phase.

We should probably change the title to Sniper Teams [R] as that is what they are referred to in the army lists (with a few exceptions that have already been noted).

This does not apply to a unit with Sniper Capabilities [R] as they are still ordinary units, that have been trained to snipe and are choosing to do so at that time.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

AJ at the Bank

Yes Mark ... 'Sniper' Special ability.

Agree would have been better to be called 'Sniper Team' for clarity.

Interested how they can use long range attack on low profile targets though - see separate post

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Big Insect

They are specifically trained to do this.

Cheers
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

AJ at the Bank

Mark - think this post is becoming too long / covering multiple issues to easily find anything.

Perhaps, until there is an Errata List, it would be better to have anything that wasn't a definite error needing correction as a separate query topic under the Rules Query section?
A

Big Insect

By all means Adam ... I think Leon requested that a while back ... happy to comply  :D

AJ at the Bank

Thanks Mark -

Slowly reading through the new rules - have got to page 34 now!
:)

Big Insect

Have you played any games yet? With BKCIV I mean?

AJ at the Bank

Only a couple of quick runs through specific set pieces - to see how the new rules work before putting it all together.
We are trying to use them as standalone (nothing optional for now) ....and from the RAW - rather than pollute from prior version thinking.
Will get there!   :)

Glorfindel

One quick question about HQs.   On p.74 (Army List info), there is mention of 'fixed formations'
(HQ can only order its own subordinate units).

As this appears to be quite a fundamental pre-game decision, I thought this option might be
explained in the 'Command' section and, perhaps, the 'Pre-Game Checklist' but couldn't find
anything.   Am I missing something here ?   I have only recently bought the game so apologies
if this has been covered elsewhere.

Phil

Big Insect

A good question and suggestion Glorfindel - we are picking up the whole business of Fixed Formations in the Errata update, but do also look at the free PDFs with optional rules - you can download from this site - as Fixed Formations are explained in more detail in one of the PDFs.

Many thanks
Mark

Glorfindel

Thank you Mark.   I wasn't aware of the pdfs so will have a look.

I must admit I can't wait to paint up some French / Brits and Germans to fight
out some early war games.   

Phil

Big Insect

Great stuff Glorfindel

My suggestion is start with small forces and a limited set of unit types - get the hang of these and then slowly expand.
Even Infantry v Infantry games with c 500pts a side with a few support units can be great fun.

Also check out the Itinerant Gamer's YouTube training videos.

Do keep us posted on how you get on.

Cheers
Mark

stevemetheringham

Mark

Do you have any idea when the errata will be released - we decided to stop playing the rules and wait for them?

Steve

Big Insect

It is taking us much longer than anticipated Steve, as we are sifting through literally hundreds of emails - most of which are turning out not to be actual errata or errors but just clarifications or extensive explanations around specific (& often slightly obscure) potential scenarios.

Was there something specific that was causing your group particular issues or concerns?

Thanks
Mark