Additions, Omissions, Errata etc - please post here

Started by Big Insect, 21 April 2019, 08:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

If you do a PDF for Syria don't forget to include the British Cavalry, last charge was in 41, by the Cheshire Yeomanry.

On Counter battery - sound and flash ranging was standard during WWII (and WWI). However it was restricted to specific guns, most weapons could not fire it. 25pdr and M101 105's (I know that is the modern designation) would be very unlikely to fire it. The British would have used 4.5" Guns, later 5.5" howitzers, or larger, US 155mm Long Toms or 4.5" (although rare) Germans used the 10.5 cm gun on same carriage as the sFH18. Soviets would probably have assigned their 122mm and 152mm guns (not howitzers).

AS you remember I assigned specific batteries to CB in our large CWC games.

If you think the Japanese are bad then the Chinese - impossible. There are 3 sides, Mao, Nationalists, and the Japanese. List you have is good for nationalist, Mao is entirely Guerrilla.

Still going through the lists.

IanS 
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Big Insect

Will certainly look at anything specific on French in Africa (maybe a better name) and include Operation Exporter in Syria and the invasion on Madagascar too.

All list updates appreciated Ian. If there are a lot of changes to a list or additions to specific theatre we might need to create separate lists.

Cheers
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Mark - AMR and AMC in the French lists were recce vehicles. Also as an option you could add ATR's, they got 500 Boys from us, we got 500 25mm ATG.

IanS

Dr Dave

Quote from: Big Insect on 28 April 2019, 10:51:57 AM
Will certainly look at anything specific on French in Africa (maybe a better name)

Assuming Ian et al meant the pro-German French how about "Vichy French"?

Big Insect

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Dr Dave

Dr Dave

The German eastern front list, the 88 can fire AA (3/100)

This AA ability needs to be removed.

Big Insect

Leon

Quote from: Dr Dave on 29 April 2019, 08:37:44 PM
The German eastern front list, the 88 can fire AA (3/100)

My fault that one, it had come up on the proofreader feedback and I must have missed it on my run through.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

1940 french again - no cavalry or M/Cycle in the Recce.

Prophaniti

I may have brought this up before, but the orientation of the ground attack template is not very clear.  It just says: with the long side in the direction of the attack.  How is the direction of the attack determined? Or is is saying the long side runs across or parallel to the long table sides? Assuming a 6 by 4 foot board.

Dr Dave

Doesn't having the long side along the direction of attack imply that you need to plot the flight path, or are they parallel to a table edge as Prophaniti suggests?

Cross698

Isn't the 30 x 10 GA template a straffing zone, so the middle of the template aligns with the attack point and align with the attack direction the aircraft are coming in at from your base line??

Big Insect

My intention here was (as Cross698 states) that the center of the template is on the 'target' unit but the orientation is up to the player flying the plane in.

As all AA fire is directed on the point of attack, the direction the plane flies on from or off to is unimportant/irrelevant.
AA fire on a plane as it comes on-table (& off-table) is covered within the Air Superiority rules - the attacks are combined into a single attack at the outset of the Airstrike (for simplicity)

The idea that the template must be aligned to the direction of the battle was discussed in play-testing, but that seemed odd to me.

I hope that makes sense?

Mark

vladvondrak

Recce
[edit] Posted on 01 May 2019 at 07:54:50 GMT
This rule is inherent across the rules sets and has been copy pasted  to bkc4.
It states the score required to communicate will be 1 per full 10cm ie 1 upto 10cm, 2 up to 20 etc. Further on it states 1 is always a fail.
This doesn't make sence as you need a minimum or 2 for any distance up to 20cm.
Can anyone shed light on this. In the original concept from bkc1 days, if memory serves anything up to 10 cm was automatic.
Errata/ faq required.