Master list for the revamped Feudal Japanese range!

Started by Leon, 17 April 2019, 12:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westmarcher

[Peace to you, Mr Cook]

Me, too.  :-[   Do you use the 0.5mm exclusively for 10mm? Wondering if you are lucky enough / had the foresight to collect in "the one true scale" OR collect in other scales so may have concluded a different thickness of rod is appropriate for these scales (and, if so, what for 15mm?).
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Dannyboy

Have to say I'm no expert here but I agree, pose variety is essential here, perhaps not so much for Ashigaru who might benefit from a more uniformed stance, but Samurai and Monkish Units would really benefit from more variation and active posing. Ikko Ikki were a crucial opponent and major force, and appear a little under represented here, might I suggest some horde packs for armed peasants to bulk them out, with bamboo spears, farm implements and mallets etc, preferably charging forwards chanting as they go.

Likewise more Warrior Monks, with No Dachai, Naginata and Katatna's please as well as a portable shrine and attendees.

Big ask here but any chance of a really great range of Koreans, think Perry Miniature's range in 10mm.

Really looking forward to this.

Dannyboy

Also looking ahead, any chance of a quality decal range for the various Mon, banners etc?

Leon

Thanks for the feedback, we'll have a chat with the sculptor and see what we can do about some extra poses.  It's a difficult one to judge as the current Samurai range has never been a big seller so is that because there's not a great deal of interest in this period or is our limited range holding back the potential sales?  We don't want to go too heavy on the sculpting costs for extra poses on a range that might not be a popular seller in the long-term.

Quote from: Dannyboy on 19 April 2019, 10:55:38 PM
Also looking ahead, any chance of a quality decal range for the various Mon, banners etc?

We're going to look at a few options here so we'll be giving the option of buying cast on banners, or buying just the bare poles.  We'll then have a look at doing some paper designs for people to attach to the empty banner poles, or they can have a go at painting their own designs onto the cast banners.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jaztez

No more big projects again I said.

10mm ww2 my last I said.

Now you tell me you're releasing new samurai sculpts.

My historical wargaming site: https://miniaturewar.games

quasar42

rct75001

Quote from: Leon on 19 April 2019, 11:58:49 PM
It's a difficult one to judge as the current Samurai range has never been a big seller so is that because there's not a great deal of interest in this period or is our limited range holding back the potential sales? 

Leon

I had not given much thought to collecting a Samurai army until I saw the wonderful line of buildings that you  acquired in January.  To me the spectacle is so much of my hobby.

Now I am eagerly awaiting both their release and the release of this new range of figures.

Much of my gaming is visually led - something I see grabs me and then takes me to learn about the period history which then means I buy the figures.  Well it is meant to happen in that order but sometimes wires get a little crossed. 

Richard
And she said "You haven't bought more of those little men have you?"

https://rctlittlesoldiers.blogspot.com.au

rct75001

Think you have just about all I would need to make one of these settings.  Mind you, this also had a line of decapitated heads being presented to the general.  (15mm Essex I think)

[/URL]
And she said "You haven't bought more of those little men have you?"

https://rctlittlesoldiers.blogspot.com.au

Paper

Missing bandits / ronin
Unarmored or poorly equipped samurai types.

Only need mixed melee weapons

FierceKitty

My baggage includes a presentation of severed heads (I really can't see how one could decapitate a head). Can I refer people to Japanese railway model companies for other extras? Somewhere in the files here you should find my 10mm mikoshi and bearers, and two sets of sumo matches. 
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Dannyboy

Decals please, shudder at the thought of individual back banners in paper in 10mm 😪😭😪

Wkeyser

For anyone interested in 10mm Samurai you must take a look at this blog. He does use 6mm but this would be easily converted to 10mm. But the rules (from a board game) are fantastic and in my many years of trying to find a set of rules that captures the period these are the ones you want to check out.

https://tenkafubu608971038.wordpress.com/2018/08/29/battles-in-the-age-of-war-revisited/

mmcv

I think I've stumbled across pictures of his work before, having strongly considered a samurai project at one point. I really liked the idea of combining multiple troop typesin a unit to represent the clans and the battle formations. Would allow large scale battles to be represented with a strong period feel. I was even starting to make my own rule set to allow this.

I found this site quite useful researching the formations and tactics: http://gunbai-militaryhistory.blogspot.com/2018/03/sengoku-period-warfare-part-1-army-and.html?m=1

John Cook

Quote from: Westmarcher on 19 April 2019, 08:36:01 PM
[Peace to you, Mr Cook]

Me, too.  :-[   Do you use the 0.5mm exclusively for 10mm? Wondering if you are lucky enough / had the foresight to collect in "the one true scale" OR collect in other scales so may have concluded a different thickness of rod is appropriate for these scales (and, if so, what for 15mm?).

Just seen this.  Peace to you too!  10mm exclusively since the mid-1980s.  I never found the need to replace lances etc on larger figures.

grahambeyrout

I was afraid it would come to this. I know I will succumb to temptation.