Master list for the revamped Feudal Japanese range!

Started by Leon, 17 April 2019, 12:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

From Quora

https://www.quora.com/Is-there-proof-that-the-Japanese-samurai-kanabo-tetsubo-was-actually-used-in-warfare

"Anyway, back to the question: there are literary evidences of the Kanabo usage inside the Taiheiki (太平記), a book of the 14th century. This was the first time that such weapons were used and described.

We also have some emakimono depicting their usage. For example, in the original 14th century "Handscroll Poetry Contest of the Twelve Zodiac Animals" (十二類絵巻), there is a Kanabo depicted. Although the setting is pure fantasy and they are animals, they are wearing accurate and real arms and armor of the period."

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Nick the Lemming

Could we get some Hatamoto and some Mounted Warrior Monks too please?

Back banners for just about everyone would be great too.

This is one of those ranges where the more poses available, the better. Any chance of upping the numbers there?

FierceKitty

18 April 2019, 01:30:36 PM #17 Last Edit: 18 April 2019, 01:33:11 PM by FierceKitty
   Do I get shot for mentioning that there are many companies making 10mm Japanese? They're not all as good or as cheap, but they're numerous, so those who want samurai or monks in a great variety of poses can get their wish quite easily.
  For me, the ashigaru look best in uniform poses (or nearly so); where multiple poses are produced, I hope they'll be available separately too.
  I must add I have two sizable Japanese armies already. I suspect they'll pick up a few more units from this lot, but I shan't be going overboard on this one.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

Honda Tadakatsu. Same family as the motor cars.

FierceKitty

Uesugi Kenshin, with sword.

FierceKitty

18 April 2019, 02:05:23 PM #20 Last Edit: 18 April 2019, 02:13:49 PM by FierceKitty
Kato Kiyomasa. A real son-of-an-oni, this one.

FierceKitty

18 April 2019, 02:07:01 PM #21 Last Edit: 18 April 2019, 02:14:34 PM by FierceKitty
Kuroda Nagasama (aka Damian, after he was baptised). The helmet is a reference to the precipitous cliff down which Yoshitsune attacked at Ichi no Tani.

FierceKitty

Date Masamune. Cresent in gold; personal followers had the same in silver.

FierceKitty

Ii Naomasa. His son, Naotaka, wore much the same.

FierceKitty

18 April 2019, 02:10:10 PM #24 Last Edit: 18 April 2019, 02:15:27 PM by FierceKitty
Takeda Shingen, in the pose when he fought off Kenshin's raid on his HQ.

FierceKitty

Tokugawa Ieyasu, glumly wondering if he can do anything with the town of Edo which his boss has just given him as a present.

FierceKitty

And Toyotomi Hideyoshi.

There are a LOT of others, but I shouldn't become a field marshal too quickly.

Sandinista

How about adding Miyamoto Usagi to the personalities?

Cheers
Ian

Ithoriel

Quote from: Sandinista on 18 April 2019, 11:29:52 PM
How about adding Miyamoto Usagi to the personalities?

Cheers
Ian

Would we need 46 more ronin? Or just four heroes in a half shell? :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

John Cook

Quote from: FierceKitty on 18 April 2019, 12:40:30 AM
Ashigaru pikemen could follow the lead (not pb ) of your Hellenistic open-handed phalangites. I prefer pikes of a sturdier metal anyway.

Most of this thread is in a foreign language to me - Japanese probably!  Anyway, I agree with you that open hands cast to receive pikes are a much better solution.   All my miniatures' pikes, spears, lances and staffs for flags are carefully removed and replaced with .5mm (.020") K&S brass rod the ends of which are easy to beat into the appropriate point.   Cast metal ones are always far too over-scale, more like telegraph poles, and often too short.