3mm 1/600) 19th Century artillery

Started by Sunray, 15 April 2019, 10:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

15 April 2019, 10:16:39 AM Last Edit: 15 April 2019, 10:21:12 AM by Sunray

I also need a model that will pass/ can be doctored to resemble Prussia  breech loader C64 .  The OO 3mm is brittle to work with.

Is there a 2mm Irregular piece (IKA4?) that might have potential ?  Does anyone own or have image of ?

Leman

I have an 1866 2mm Prussian army. Unfortunately it is down the club, so will take a photo next time I'm down there (next Wednesday).
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leman

Found an unpainted one. Sold as a split trail artillery piece plus it has a figure who looks like he might be loading it from the breech. Three photos - one normal and two blow ups:

Leman

Good job these things are viewed from wargame distance. Later, as I have to go and do stuff now, I will post a comparison with a PP gun and a OO gun.

Sunray

Quote from: Leman on 16 April 2019, 09:10:42 AM
Good job these things are viewed from wargame distance.

;D ;D 

First, thank you very much indeed, for taking the trouble to source, photo and post.  Yes- best viewed from a safe "wargaming distance" Some IM 2mm can be used for 3mm, and some are ...not.

The OO guns from ACW range might well pass for breech loaders, and the Peter Pig range 12lbs, could be painted to represent muzzle loaders ?  I have ordered some of both, so will see how the paint up.

Thanks again.   

James