Muscovite Army

Started by Terry37, 17 April 2018, 09:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Figures looking damn fine, Terry....Great animation in the flags, as Bill has already said. :)

If it's of any use.....You might find that there's a colour correction facility on your phone/camera, to get rid of the orange 'cast' if you're using, what I assume are, tungsten bulbs.
The other way around this is to use 'daylight' bulbs, which give off a much 'colder' light......From memory, these aren't horribly pricey......These used to be blue.....But there are probably led or 'similar' bulbs that give the same effect by now.

(The old way around this was to screw a daylight filter in front of the lens.....these are/were various shades of blue, which again helps to loose the orange colouration, by conning the camera as far as the light is concerned.)

Cheers - Phil

Terry37

Thanks Phil. I am not much of a photographer, although I do enjoy trying - for the creativity opportunity. Will keep in mind your suggestions.

More soon!!!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno

You're welcome, Terry. :)

Cheers - Phil

Terry37

I have finally finished the Horde element for my Muscovite army, so only two more elements to go. Seems like it took forever to finish these guys, as I was not overly pleased with the way the washes went, so almost did a complete repaint and basically hand did the shadows, and I always hand do the highlights. But they seem to have turned out OK, and for a peasant rabble they'll do nicely.   

More soon,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Very nice, Terry! Will be anxious to see it all together with final basing.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner