Re-using Old Toys

Started by sunjester, 14 April 2019, 10:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

14 April 2019, 10:30:15 AM Last Edit: 14 April 2019, 10:46:32 AM by sunjester
Whilst I was looking around for other sources of ships for Cruel Seas I found this little lot for a tenner, old Matchbox Sea Kings.
More pictures and my first ideas on the blog https://grahamsgaming.blogspot.com/2019/04/old-toys-for-new-toys.html

FierceKitty

Those are just waiting to go down the slipway.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Unscaled but useful stuff
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Sunray

Quote from: sunjester on 14 April 2019, 10:30:15 AM
Whilst I was looking around for other sources of ships for Cruel Seas I found this little lot for a tenner, old Matchbox Sea Kings.
More pictures and my first ideas on the blog https://grahamsgaming.blogspot.com/2019/04/old-toys-for-new-toys.html

With the grey undercoat they look much better.  I use 1/600 guns and fittings from Airfix spairs box to blodge such models up to scale.. Tumbling dice also do a range of guns that can be used, and Andy Kirk will sell bits ad bobs from H& R range.

sunjester

Dark grey would be best...most decks in the RN had a form of non-slip lino on them, and think most other navies did similar.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

Quote from: ianrs54 on 21 April 2019, 07:49:04 AM
Dark grey would be best...most decks in the RN had a form of non-slip lino on them, and think most other navies did similar.

Yes the lino was a brown colour, Its mentioned at some length on the "Thomos Hole" blog and as sunjester and I know  Thomo is quite a naval buff.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

sunjester

Was that brown for all navies or just RN?