US 90 mm Anti-aircraft Gun and M4 Heavy Tractor

Started by Cold Steel, 14 April 2019, 12:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Steel

How can anyone refight Kampfgroup Peiper's breakthrough without US 90 mm AA guns and tractors?

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Mako

sultanbev

Mako

Of course, we'll need limbered 155mm Long Tom guns and 8" howitzers for those M4 tractors to tow too.

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ithoriel

Do you have RSI yet, Leon, with all these "Votes added" posts? ;)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Na he's using a resitivity meter to find em then cut and paste
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

DecemDave

Could Leon please clarify the process on these requests for the benefit of those who haven't been logged on for 100 days.   At the moment it looks like:
Forum members post a suggestion.  Some dating back to 2019
Other members reply sometimes adding support or useful information but often with thread derailments
At some stage Leon replies "votes added" to every one of them.

But most seem to be minor "range filling" suggestions so whether they are commercially viable relative to adding whole wars not covered by the existing catalog must be a tricky judgement.

So does that close the voting? Do the number of replies count as votes?

I be confused.  Admittedly not difficult to do.

Ithoriel

As I understand it, roughly once a year, Leon updates the votes tally and creates a "Top Ten" which informs Pendraken's plans for new figures in the coming year.

The votes are a rough indication of interest but aren't a guarantee of production. In a world where Boaty McBoatface seems a sensible name for a research vessel caution must be taken :)

I assume the availability of appropriate sculptors, likely competition and past experience all go to shape the decision.

If you are keen to see something produced then saying so on the relevant part of the forum can only boost the chances of that happening.

The alternative is fsn's "Delenda Est Carthago!" campaign in favour of a Centurion miniature. :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leon

QuoteDo you have RSI yet, Leon, with all these "Votes added" posts? ;)

Copy and paste all the way!

QuoteCould Leon please clarify the process on these requests for the benefit of those who haven't been logged on for 100 days.  At the moment it looks like:
Forum members post a suggestion.  Some dating back to 2019
Other members reply sometimes adding support or useful information but often with thread derailments
At some stage Leon replies "votes added" to every one of them.

But most seem to be minor "range filling" suggestions so whether they are commercially viable relative to adding whole wars not covered by the existing catalog must be a tricky judgement.

So does that close the voting? Do the number of replies count as votes?

I be confused.  Admittedly not difficult to do.

So I've got 20+ sheets of paper here with everything that's ever been requested/suggested since the start of the Forum in 2010.  As each person adds their interest I add a vote to that suggestion.  The most popular ones in theory should be the most viable to produce so we try to tailor our sculpting/release plans to incorporate them.  It's not an ideal solution as we've had a lot of distractions in recent years but we've steadily knocked off a lot of the requested items. 

The most recent Top 10 was in 2020 and is here: https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,19335.0.html  I'd normally do a votes check each year but with the pandemic and our reduced sculpting capacity I'd not done one since Jan '20.  I've still got a few pages of threads to go through and then I'll publish a new Top 10, hopefully later this week.

EDIT: Mike beat me to it!