Deploy Special Ability

Started by T13A, 13 April 2019, 09:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T13A

Hi

Apologies for this (and it's been a long day!) but just wanted to check that I have it correct.

An anti tank gun, without the 'Deploy' 'Special Ability, that is limbered up to its towing vehicle can move what ever the move is of the vehicle and then unlimber (deploy) as one 'order' and then fire on a subsequent successful order being given. Is that correct?

A field gun with the 'Deploy' 'Special Ability' can also move with the vehicle that it is limbered to and also unlimber as one 'order', but before it could fire it would have to have another successful 'deploy' order issued to it (i.e. one more successful order than the anti tank gun above). Is that correct?

Very grateful for any comments/confirmation that I have it correct or otherwise on the above. And while I'm on this subject (and if I have it correct above) I'm a bit surprised that a German '88' (which does not have the Deploy' Special Ability) can get into action as quickly as much smaller and lighter anti tank guns.

Cheers Paul

T13A Out!

petercooman

Quote from: T13A on 13 April 2019, 09:26:29 PM

Very grateful for any comments/confirmation that I have it correct or otherwise on the above. And while I'm on this subject (and if I have it correct above) I'm a bit surprised that a German '88' (which does not have the Deploy' Special Ability) can get into action as quickly as much smaller and lighter anti tank guns.

found somewhere:
"The versatile carriage allowed the 8.8 cm FlaK to be fired in a limited anti-tank mode when still on its wheels; it could be completely emplaced in only two and a half minutes."

T13A

Thanks Peter

Regarding my initial query, I have found in the 'Mounting' example on page 34 it mentions a Pak 35/36 3.7 AT gun as having a 'Deploy' special ability which is not mentioned in the army lists (the same as other AT guns) hence my confusion.

Regarding the German Flak-36 88mm, you are quite right of course that it could be fired while on it's carriage but I expect that this was only done in an emergency. I also expect that other AT guns such as the Pak 35/36 3.7cm, the Pak 38 5cm etc. could be deployed to fire (from limbered) in a lot less time than the two and a half minutes you mentioned for the 88.

I think that there is another issue here as well regarding the 88, I can't help thinking that the 88 should have an 'average' profile (particularly if being fired whilst on its carriage when compared with other AT guns as mentioned above.

Overall I cannot help thinking that if the 88 does not have the 'Deploy' special ability then it should have an 'average' profile and if it does have the 'Deploy' special ability then it can count as having a low profile (but preferably only when occupying a gun pit).

Cheers Paul

T13A Out!

petercooman

Quote from: T13A on 14 April 2019, 09:28:34 AM
Thanks Peter

Regarding my initial query, I have found in the 'Mounting' example on page 34 it mentions a Pak 35/36 3.7 AT gun as having a 'Deploy' special ability which is not mentioned in the army lists (the same as other AT guns) hence my confusion.

Regarding the German Flak-36 88mm, you are quite right of course that it could be fired while on it's carriage but I expect that this was only done in an emergency. I also expect that other AT guns such as the Pak 35/36 3.7cm, the Pak 38 5cm etc. could be deployed to fire (from limbered) in a lot less time than the two and a half minutes you mentioned for the 88.

The mounting example is a port over from bkc 3 in wich all anti tank guns had the 'deploy' special ability. Didn't notice that one when i read it!