Correct English response to Currentn European issues

Started by Orcs, 11 April 2019, 10:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the correct English response to current European issues????

Chevauchée into France
Demand return of Normandy and Aquataine as English
Demand Germany return sovereignty of the regions of Saxe Coburg and Gotha
Demand full Financial recompense for the cost of WW2 from Germany
Bill each European country fr the cost of liberating it from the Germans in 1944/45
Make loud vocal an Media campaigns about hw ungreatful most of europe is that we liberated them from Germany in 1944/45 and they have now put themselves back under the Germans.
Declare war on France with Germany as our alies as in te good old days before the 20th Century

Dr Dave

I did  sign to wonder if it isn't time for the Parliament to be removed so that they might "make way for better men (and women)"?

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

Quote from: d_Guy on 11 April 2019, 05:41:12 PM
As an outside (and unbiased) observer, handle much like the partition of India:
1. Eire and Scotland stay with the E.U.
2. The occupied lands in the north of Ireland joins Eire and the Unioinists forceably relocated to Yorkshire.
3. The Laborite troublemakers (a catch all lable) forceably relocated to Edinburgh (increasing its population fifty fold).
4. The E.U. pays to relocate everyone else who is unhappy with where they are (an E.U. commission will need at least fifty years to sort out the ways and means).
5. England (less Cornwall) becomes our 51st state (US) in 2020 (Nov. 4th)
6. Wales becomes our 52nd state (US) in 2021 (March 1st)
7. Cornwall and Puerto Rico becomes or 53rd and 54th states (US) in 2024. (July 4th)
8. Redoing all the flags and maps will help drive the economy

There are three (at least) grammatical and punctuation errors included in the above to entertain Kitty (much like a crumbled bit of cellophane or a laser pointer).

Hope this helps.

If we went with option 5, we would then have the 2nd amendment.  Which I believe was included in your constitution  so that the people would never be forced to endure a government that was oppressive or against the people.  (not so that all and sundry could own Panzerfausts and quad 0.5 HMGS).  We could then throw out  all 650 odd MP's as at the moment they appear to be completely incompetent and obsessed with their own priority's, rather than sort out what they are supposed to be doing, and replace them with some people with common sense.

At the moment 650 members of the forum could probably make a better job of it than the current shower (all parties included).
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

When, Orcs, you're getting political on your own thread...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

Quote from: mad lemmey on 11 April 2019, 11:34:45 PM
When, Orcs, you're getting political on your own thread...

I suppose I might have.  but I have only said that all MP's appear o be incompetent over current issues.  I have taken no side, in fact I have simply condemned the lot. 

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

d_Guy

Indeed, we have 535 members in our own clown show*, pretty much interchangeable with your lot. Such is the nature of a representative democracy in its best implementations. The concept of the 2nd amendment came from you all but then you all dropped the thread somewhere.

This is a post-political post, one that stands aloof, well beyond such things, reeking of erudition and self righteousness.

*and we have two additional branches:
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Ithoriel

Filched from Mick Hoe's (Leven Miniatures) FB page

"Oxford University researchers have discovered the densest element yet known to science.

The new element, Governmentium (symbol=Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called pillocks.

Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert. However, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact.

A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second, to take from 4 days to 4 years to complete.

Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2 to 6 years.
It does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganisation in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places.

In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganisation will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.

This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration.

This hypothetical quantity is referred to as a critical morass.
When catalysed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium (symbol=Ad), an element that radiates just as much energy as Governmentium, since it has half as many pillocks but twice as many morons.

I believe it is one of the most expensive elements as well, with the cost increasing exponentially over time with it's ability to create phantom molecules that seem to exist however under investigation are found to merely consist of a vacuum"
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

Quote from: Ithoriel on 12 April 2019, 05:07:55 AM

"Oxford University researchers have discovered the densest element yet known to science.

The new element, Governmentium (symbol=Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called pillocks.

Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert. However, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact.

A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second, to take from 4 days to 4 years to complete.

It does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganisation in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places.

In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each reorganisation will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes.

This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration.

When catalysed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium (symbol=Ad), an element that radiates just as much energy as Governmentium, since it has half as many pillocks but twice as many morons.

I believe it is one of the most expensive elements as well, with the cost increasing exponentially over time with its ability to create phantom molecules that seem to exist however under investigation are found to merely consist of a vacuum"

;D
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Fenton

Well I'm not English and not sure how to fix these problems but  a good start point would be putting the kettle on
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

FierceKitty

Techno

Quote from: Ithoriel on 12 April 2019, 05:07:55 AM
I believe it is one of the most expensive elements as well, with the cost increasing exponentially over time with it's ability to create phantom molecules that seem to exist however under investigation are found to merely consist of a vacuum"

;D

Cheers - Phil

Leman

Juvenile and unhelpful poll which unfortunately highlights the problem this country has with its supposed superiority to all others in the world. Deeply sad state of affairs even if it is supposed to be humorous.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

"Mother Superior, the last six six sisters I've spoken to all told me I'd got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. Don't you start; I feel great today."

"Actually, my child, I just wanted to ask why you were wearing the bishop's shoes."

Westmarcher

I am not English so will leave it to my English colleagues to vote. 
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Orcs

Quote from: Leman on 12 April 2019, 09:27:51 AM
Juvenile and unhelpful poll which unfortunately highlights the problem this country has with its supposed superiority to all others in the world. Deeply sad state of affairs even if it is supposed to be humorous.

The fact that this country controlled approx. 2/3rd of the world, in relatively recent history, would suggest that at that time we were superior  to the majority of the world, otherwise we would not have managed to get into that position in the first place.  Changing the way you see yourself  takes quite a while, particularly when you controlled 2/3 of the world for a couple of hundred years.