Correct English response to Currentn European issues

Started by Orcs, 11 April 2019, 10:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the correct English response to current European issues????

Chevauchée into France
Demand return of Normandy and Aquataine as English
Demand Germany return sovereignty of the regions of Saxe Coburg and Gotha
Demand full Financial recompense for the cost of WW2 from Germany
Bill each European country fr the cost of liberating it from the Germans in 1944/45
Make loud vocal an Media campaigns about hw ungreatful most of europe is that we liberated them from Germany in 1944/45 and they have now put themselves back under the Germans.
Declare war on France with Germany as our alies as in te good old days before the 20th Century

Orcs

Given our current problems in/with Europe, I thought that we should have a poll about the correct response the British/English should have.

NOTE:- This is not about any of the politics, or rights or wrongs of the current situation, just a tongue in cheek poll about our "correct" reaction.

You have three votes to choose your most favoured options
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

steve_holmes_11

I would like them to provide a goodwill gesture in the form of some of their fine liquid products.

Schnapps.
Trappist Beer.
Advocaat.
Absinthe.
Guinness.
Carlsberg.
Finlandia.
Kobbaberg.
Bison Vodka.
Barolo.
Ouzo.
Sherry.
Port.

That should keep us going until the Halloween deadline.

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Hmmm....apologise to the Czechs for selling them out to the Germans. Apologise to the Dutch for treatment of Boer civilians. Apologise to the Scots for the clearances. Apologise to the Austrians for dumping them in the War of the Austrian Succession. Apologise to the Irish for everything.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

Quote from: FierceKitty on 11 April 2019, 12:04:11 PM
Hmmm....apologise to the Czechs for selling them out to the Germans. Apologise to the Dutch for treatment of Boer civilians. Apologise to the Scots for the clearances. Apologise to the Austrians for dumping them in the War of the Austrian Succession. Apologise to the Irish for everything.

And the Cossacks for sending them back to Stalin.

Good Lord Sir!  Were British, we don't apologise to Johnnyy Foreigner. (Although perhaps on occasion we should)

Stiff Upper Lip,Eh What?
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

FierceKitty

Well, Alan Turing wasn't a foreigner...mind you, he did get an apology for the way he was thanked for winning the war. Shame he had to die first.

Ithoriel

Looking at British history I'd say the correct response is to welcome our new overlords and trick them into gradually learning English while appropriating the more interesting bits of their vocabulary :)

My own preference would be an independent Scotland in the EU and England being towed into the mid-Atlantic :D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Just maintain the status quo, looks like that is what mummy May is trying to do.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

I suspect she's wishing she had Sir Humphrey Appleby to advise her.

Techno

Both of the series featuring Sir Humphrey, were absolutely priceless.  ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Glorfindel

>>My own preference would be an independent Scotland in the EU and England being towed into the mid-Atlantic

The new 'Isle of Atlantis' !!   I like it.    ;)   
I can already see the Netflix series...

I must admit that there are many of us good English folk at work who are 'a bit miffed' (steady now)
when we didn't get an option to help the Scots become independent...     :D
Never understood why we didn't get a voice - both parties may have been happy.

Whether or not the Scots would have been in the EU is another question for a long rainy day.

Phil

Ithoriel

Well, there is a faction among the Brexiteers that seems to want to move closer to the Americans :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Go down The Winchester, have a pint, wait for it all to blow over?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

As an outside (and unbiased) observer, handle much like the partition of India:
1. Eire and Scotland stay with the E.U.
2. The occupied lands in the north of Ireland joins Eire and the Unioinists forceably relocated to Yorkshire.
3. The Laborite troublemakers (a catch all lable) forceably relocated to Edinburgh (increasing its population fifty fold).
4. The E.U. pays to relocate everyone else who is unhappy with where they are (an E.U. commission will need at least fifty years to sort out the ways and means).
5. England (less Cornwall) becomes our 51st state (US) in 2020 (Nov. 4th)
6. Wales becomes our 52nd state (US) in 2021 (March 1st)
7. Cornwall and Puerto Rico becomes or 53rd and 54th states (US) in 2024. (July 4th)
8. Redoing all the flags and maps will help drive the economy

There are three (at least) grammatical and punctuation errors included in the above to entertain Kitty (much like a crumbled bit of cellophane or a laser pointer).

Hope this helps.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Chad

Offer a free transfer of the muppets in the Houses of Parliament to the EU and see how they cope with them. The EU will then agree with anything to see us leave.