BKC-IV Starter Armies released!

Started by Leon, 10 April 2019, 10:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

10 April 2019, 10:38:28 PM Last Edit: 10 April 2019, 11:00:06 PM by Leon
After the release of Blitzkrieg Commander IV this past weekend, we've now got a selection of Starter army deals to get you going with your new rules!  

All of these packs contain a standard set of contents:

1 x CO/HQ unit (5 figures)
6 x Infantry units (30 figures)
1 x Mortars unit (3 mortars with crews)
1 x MG unit (3 MG teams)
1 x AT unit (usually 2 guns with crews)
1 x Armoured Car unit
5 x Armour units
1 x Transport unit

These give a nice selection to get you started and playing some games, and you can then add on some extra units ready for bigger games, so some more command, larger artillery, maybe some Recce units, etc.  Our initial release includes:

- American, Italy
- American, NW Europe
- British, BEF
- British, Africa
- British, NW Europe
- French
- German, Early
- German, Africa
- German, Italy
- German, Eastern Front
- German, NW Europe
- Italian, North Africa
- Polish
- Russian, Early
- Russian, Late

... all priced at £31.00, saving roughly 10% compared to buying the packs individually.  These are all available on the website here: https://pendraken.co.uk/world-war-ii/bkc-iv-starter-packs/ and we'll have them with us at the shows as well!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

Nice!

If you are including 2 AT gun models I'd describe that as 2 x AT units. I don't think I've ever put 2 AT guns on a base.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Orcs

Quote from: fred. on 10 April 2019, 11:08:48 PM
Nice!

If you are including 2 AT gun models I'd describe that as 2 x AT units. I don't think I've ever put 2 AT guns on a base.
Likewise the Mortars and MG units, we use 30mm square bases and only have one model on each

Good basic armies though,
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

sultanbev

11 April 2019, 11:07:45 AM #3 Last Edit: 11 April 2019, 01:05:05 PM by sultanbev
"If you are including 2 AT gun models I'd describe that as 2 x AT units. I don't think I've ever put 2 AT guns on a base.
Likewise the Mortars and MG units, we use 30mm square bases and only have one model on each"

Seconded, I only put one mortar, MMG or ATG per base,

Mark

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

No universal carriers in the British lists  :o :o :o
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Raider4

And no Tigers in the German lists :o. You'll never sell any like that . . . 

Actually, I think this is an excellent idea, and I hope it works out for you. Must admit I'm tempted by the early war BEF/Germans.

Raider4

Actually, one thing does seem odd. In the British Africa list you have A13s and Grants.

By the time the Grants arrive, it would be more likely to be alongside Crusaders rather than the A13, wouldn't it?

sultanbev

"By the time the Grants arrive, it would be more likely to be alongside Crusaders rather than the A13, wouldn't it?"

Good point, it should be Vickers VIB alongside A-13s, Crusader II alongside Grants.

Perhaps there should be
1940 British in desert, with 2x A-13, Rolls-Royce or Morris CS9 armoured car, 3x  Vickers VIB
late 1941 British in desert with 2x Crusader II, 3x Stuart M3, Humber armoured car
mid 1942 British in desert with 2x Grants, 2x Crusader II, 1x Crusader III, Humber armoured car
late 1942 British in desert with 2x Sherman, 2x Grant, 1x Crusader II, Daimler armoured car, 6pdr 30cwt portee

Mark

fsn

Bloomin' cruisers, swanning all round the place, with yer fancy Christie suspension and your armour thin enough to spit through.

Where's the Matildas and the Valentines? Some proper, dignified tanks with a bit of a shell and not too fast as to spill yer cuppa?

Oh Dark Lord! Thou hast taken on something that even thine light-less powers cannot overcome - the idea of making everyone happy.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: fred. on 10 April 2019, 11:08:48 PM

Quote from: Orcs on 10 April 2019, 11:23:22 PM
Likewise the Mortars and MG units, we use 30mm square bases and only have one model on each

I think that's a bit of personal preference though, we've put 3 mortars/teams on our BKC demo armies and they fit nicely.  We can tell folks that they're getting 'at least' 1 unit but could stretch them out to 2 or 3 depending on their basing.

Quote from: ianrs54 on 11 April 2019, 12:58:46 PM
No universal carriers in the British lists  :o :o :o

You can always buy them separately!

Quote from: Raider4 on 11 April 2019, 01:35:46 PM
And no Tigers in the German lists :o. You'll never sell any like that . . .  

We tried to stick to the workhorse armour types, as per the feedback on our 'Standardised vs Points' thread.

Quote from: Raider4 on 11 April 2019, 03:51:43 PM
Actually, one thing does seem odd. In the British Africa list you have A13s and Grants.

By the time the Grants arrive, it would be more likely to be alongside Crusaders rather than the A13, wouldn't it?

There was a bit of discussion involved in that one, as the A13s and Grants are newer models so we wanted to use those rather than older ones.

Quote from: sultanbev on 11 April 2019, 04:05:25 PM
Perhaps there should be
1940 British in desert, with 2x A-13, Rolls-Royce or Morris CS9 armoured car, 3x  Vickers VIB
late 1941 British in desert with 2x Crusader II, 3x Stuart M3, Humber armoured car
mid 1942 British in desert with 2x Grants, 2x Crusader II, 1x Crusader III, Humber armoured car
late 1942 British in desert with 2x Sherman, 2x Grant, 1x Crusader II, Daimler armoured car, 6pdr 30cwt portee

I think we'd be letting ourselves in for no end of trouble if we start making that many for each nation/theatre!  Maybe in the longer term but these should give people a nice start for now.

Quote from: fsn on 11 April 2019, 04:16:03 PM
Oh Dark Lord! Thou hast taken on something that even thine light-less powers cannot overcome - the idea of making everyone happy.

Indeed!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Shedman

Quote from: Leon on 11 April 2019, 05:39:31 PM
I think we'd be letting ourselves in for no end of trouble if we start making that many for each nation/theatre!

So I guess that's a no-go for a starter pack for Finland during the Winter War 1939, December, 23rd,  Saturday, just before lunchtime?

sultanbev

Quote from: Shedman on 11 April 2019, 06:58:48 PM
So I guess that's a no-go for a starter pack for Finland during the Winter War 1939, December, 23rd,  Saturday, just before lunchtime?

No, but I can write you the army list......

Dr Dave

Dave - as the individual model would normally represent a troop, best thing to do is add a factor or two.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Dave Fielder

But, but , but ... where is the Sardinian Army for the siege of Malteser? I want Leyland trucks in my army list with extra pillows.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis