Dig In

Started by fred., 07 April 2019, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cross698

22 May 2019, 09:28:43 PM #15 Last Edit: 22 May 2019, 09:30:58 PM by Cross698
Yes it has been left out of the Special Abilities, certainly in v2 it was 1 less dice to suppress or fall back and Green/conscript was add a dice. Hopefully this is an ommision from the rules.
And Green cannot "dig in" according to the Special Ability!

Big Insect

Good spot Steve
It's a reversed error - Vets should be harder to Suppress not easier - although there is an argument that Vets know about combat and so should take cover more quickly ... it's a tough one.
But it's already on the errata list

I still like Armati Steve - just got far too many other things going on right now (gaming and work and family stuff)  :)
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

stevemetheringham

Mark

Is the intention that veterans are always harder to suppress and green easier or just for opportunity fire?

The argument that vets would take cover only makes sense if there was some benefit to it - like being 'dug in' is suppressed.

It looks as if the interaction between suppressed, veteran, green and 'digging'  and direct fire, opportunity fire and artillery wants clarifying :)

Steve

Big Insect

It does Steve ... the intention generally is that Vets should be less easy to suppress than normal (regular) units and Green/Raw unit worse than both.

The interaction between Suppression and the special characteristics has proven more complex than originally intended, but the errata will sort this out.

Thanks
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Jimbo94

Quote from: Big Insect on 23 May 2019, 11:33:21 AM
It does Steve ... the intention generally is that Vets should be less easy to suppress than normal (regular) units and Green/Raw unit worse than both.

The interaction between Suppression and the special characteristics has proven more complex than originally intended, but the errata will sort this out.

Thanks
Mark

In our first game the Russians were Green
I spotted that they couldn't dig in and that they re rolled 6's to hit but missed wher they are noted as being easier to supress
Where is this please

Thanks

Cross698

In v2, it has not been translated across to v4 as it was missed off the Special Rule. Effectively when rolling for suppression or fall back add an additional dice for GREEN, and lose a die for veteran, so if they receive only one hit they don't test etc.
;)

Jimbo94

Quote from: Cross698 on 23 May 2019, 12:11:49 PM
In v2, it has not been translated across to v4 as it was missed off the Special Rule. Effectively when rolling for suppression or fall back add an additional dice for GREEN, and lose a die for veteran, so if they receive only one hit they don't test etc.
;)

Ah yes, remember it no from BKCII or maybe CWC
That would have made it even tougher for the Russians than it already was

Thanks

Cross698

Personally I would drop the fact that Green cannot dig in, seems a bit bizarre to me, unless not issued shoves etc  ;)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quite likely they threw them away,a s heavy and uncomfortable (and no I'm not trying to be funny here). See 36th Texas Division at Monte Cassino
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Big Insect

The Green cannot dig-in should only apply as an Initiative Action.
They can Dig-in as a Commanded Action.
Again this will be clarified once we do the full Dig-in errata.

Many thanks
Mark

Cross698

Makes more sense.

stevemetheringham

Mark

We are considering another game in the near future, and wondered if this has been sorted?

Is there an errata sheet?

Steve

Big Insect

Not yet Steve - I am having trouble devoting time to getting it finished, as well as answering more queries.

I will have think about the Dig-In specifically and reply you my thoughts directly.

Cheers
Mark