The Italian Wars in 15mm

Started by Leman, 07 April 2019, 11:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

This project has been spurred on by a number of things: the fact that I had large numbers of 15mm figures amassed over a 20 year period; I have a completed Venetian army; the Furioso rules and it's Italian Wars supplement; Fat Wally's painting gallery of his 15mm Italian Wars collection. So, thus inspired, and following FW's advice and ideas, I got cracking on producing a French army, then realised I would be better off massaging my Venetian troops to produce two Condottiere armies before continuing with the French. So far I have produced a camp with an interchangeable flag, so it can be used by any of my armies. I also painted up a couple of Peter Pig guns and crews from a range which has sadly now been removed from his catalogue, and I also painted up a Leonardo tank, produced by Alternative Armies. this is because the Furioso IW supplement contains rules for the use of Leonardo war machines, and I am hoping Alternative Armies will produce more of them, as they are also the publisher of the Furioso rules.

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Those are great, especially the camp!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

SV52

"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Cavillarius

Looks great! I'm gearing for the same thing, only 10mm. Our host and its competitor MM offer great figures for it.

Leman

If you like the idea of using Leonardo war machines I reckon that tank would work equally well with 10mm.

Techno

Cavillarius

I think you are absolutely right Leman! I ordered two.
That'll be a nasty surprise for my regular Warmaster-opponents, to be faced with my two Leonard Tanks!

steve_holmes_11

Pal Partha's Demonworld Dwarf range include Leonardo's rotary cannon and several takes on his glider.

I have the alternative Armies tank, but the barrels looked like wire offcuts.
I opted to omit them.
Where did you get the nice looking gun barrels?

Leman

The nice looking gun barrels were supplied with the tank by Alternative Armies - maybe they had a rethink about them? I've only bought stuff from them over the last couple of months. I actually think the whole thing, including the barrels, is rather small for 15mm scale and view them rather as large arquebus barrels. They will still give a nasty surprise to the enemy.

Cavillarius

Steve, do you have a link for those please? I can't find them...

Westmarcher

Hard to imagine Da Vinci's tank being able to accommodate much ordnance of any calibre in such a confined space bearing in mind it must also accommodate wheels, propelling mechanism, powder, ammo and crew(s).
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leman

My thoughts exactly. I see it more as a mobile organ gun. Fortunately the Furioso rules have the machines as far from being reliable.