Colonial/WW1/Interwar Machinegunners in Greatcoats?

Started by Paul.B, 07 April 2019, 10:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul.B

Hi folks,

Following up on my MiniHammer project (Warhammer Fantasy in 10mm: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,17646.60.html) I'm considering the idea of doing the same in the Warhammer 40,000 setting with an Imperial Guard army.

I'd really like the troops to be wearing greatcoats, of which there are plenty of options in Pendraken's range, in particular a lot of the 19thc/Colonial/WW1 infantry.

However, I'd like to get consistency with the various squad support elements typical in Imperial Guard armies such as machine guns, mortars, and other heavy weapons. Plenty of these I can convert and kitbash from greatcoat infantry, however, I'm struggling to find a machine gun miniature with a crew wearing greatcoats.

It seems in most cases the machine gun and gunner are one piece, and a lot of the WW1 machine gun crews are wearing regular uniforms. If it comes to it I can greenstuff them to be wearing greatcoats but I'd rather save myself the effort if possible.

Can anyone point me to a suitable figure?

Cheers,
Paul

Paul.B

I've found a couple of possibilities, anyone able to confirm if these are greatcoat wearing gunners?

FIN9 - WW2 Finnish MG Team

SCW142 - Spanish Civil War, Republican Foul Weather Infantry Hotchkiss MMG team - this appears to be more of a waterproof poncho than a greatcoat. Can anyone  confirm?

Leon

The Foul Weather SCW figures would be an option and there's also the WWII Germans in winter kit with MG42, code GRF58 in the catalogue, they might be a good bet.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Paul.B

Thanks Leon, I went ahead and picked up a  pack of each of the Finns and the Spanish in the end. The Finns are perfect for heavy bolters while the Spanish Hotchkiss will make a good Autocannon team

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!