A few queries

Started by Steve J, 07 April 2019, 07:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

Copied from the Commander forum, so everyone can see it and hopefully Leon can sort out the registration issue:

Well just got back from Salute having made a swap from BKC III to BKC IV. Posting here, because the Pendraken Forum registration is suspended and I've never been able to register.
Overall I'm thoroughly pleased with version 4 and will be using it in future.

There's still a few things that look like they slipped through, but this time they can be fixed by errata. TBH, any first print run is going to have teething troubles, in spite of everybody's efforts.

The only rules things that confused me were:

1. Is accurate artillery half D6 (Main Rules) or -1 D6 (Army Lists) deviation?

2. How does a 'Bunker Buster' actually attack fortifications?

3. Are Infantry AT weapons really limited to 1 shot per turn? rules say yes; points stats and promotional blurb for the game suggest not.

Other than that there's some unexpected things in the army lists, but they'll surface as people notice oddities in the lists for the armies they collect.

Shedman

1. A bit of a contradiction there. Unless I've missed anything the -1 D6 deviation appears to be in the British lists only. Other lists mention the accurate / inaccurate attribute but don't expand on it

2. Possibly the section on demolishing buildings is missing

3. IATW can fire once in opportunity fire and once as a commanded action - it's common to all 3 Commander rule sets

I'm seeing mark Fry tomorrow. If he hasn't already replied here then I'll prod him

Steve J

In BKCII on p24 under IATW, there is no mention of limiting the amount of times they can fire, as far as I can see. I stand to be corrected though.

Big Insect

BKCIV limits the number of times an IATW can be fired in a turn.

Once in Opportunity Fire
Once in Commanded Fire

It's a change.

IATW generally did not carry a large number of reloads and I have taken the view that allowing them to fire in Opp Fire and under every turn under commanded fire makes them far too powerful - way beyond how they were used or their actual effect in reality.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Big Insect

Bunker Buster allows a weapon to shoot specifically at a fortification - typically a bunker - not the unit inside the bunker.

We might need to elaborate on how this works in more detail ... maybe one for the Errata sheet

The idea that these weapons are somehow better at penetrating armour as well is covered in their AT stats

Thanks

Mark

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Big Insect

With the Accurate Artillery - the default is the Main Rules - so it halves the number of deviation dice.

The difference in the British lists is a proof reading error - we can adjust that in the electronic version of the rules and also add to the errata sheet

There are (I suspect) bound to be a few errors in the lists as converting them across whilst adding previously omitted units, factors and characteristics was a massive undertaking.

Many thanks

Mark

Shedman

Quote from: Big Insect on 07 April 2019, 10:05:37 PM
BKCIV limits the number of times an IATW can be fired in a turn.

Once in Opportunity Fire
Once in Commanded Fire

I would also allow them to fire IATW once in the Defensive fire phase of Close Assault

@Steve J - sorry for the confusion when I said "it's common to all 3 Commander rule sets" I actually meant it's a standard rule in FWC and a house rule in CWC which will get added in in CWC II

Big Insect

Indeed - one to consider as an optional rule Al   ;)

Let's play it as it is for a bit and see how it works.

Defensive fire is a difficult one as it is allowed by supporting units and adding IATW to support of other units could causes game-play issues.
It might be easier to add a +x d:6 if a unit with an IATW upgrade is actually the target of the assault by an AFV.

Of course Anti-tank Rifles can fire in each Commanded turn as well as Ops Fire ... as they are a different unit type from IATWs

Let's do a few play-tests  :D I'd be keen to get other views

Cheers
Mark