Basing 3mm 1/600 WW2

Started by Sunray, 05 April 2019, 11:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

They crossed the cruel sea and disembarked on the hostile shore.

But how many 3mm do you base for WW2 ?  Do you reflect section or platoon ?  Some may argue for a  company on one base!

I was going to use BKC and half the weapon ranges as  Peter A Jones suggests.  Do I need to half movement ?

Is there any thoughts and images out there?   Inspire me with your eye candy :)

Paper

Whatever fits in your landing craft.

Ithoriel

I'm going as close to 1:1 as I can.

Platoon/ troop/ battery per stand so c.30 figures on a 40mm square base for infantry, 2-3 MGs or Mortars, 3-5 tanks, 3-4 guns and tows and so on.

I plan on using BKCIV with no changes to measurements.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Fenton

This is what I was doing on 40x30 bases for BKC as well. Must get the figures out again  and have a look. I remember 3 tanks like H39's etc  got kinda lost  on a base so would probably need 4 or 5 to look decent on the table
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Sunray

I use the 30x15 for 19th century.   Inspired by the legendry Nik Harwood - any radio traffic from Nik these days ?

When I last fiddled with 20th century small scale it was Irregular 2mm (1/900 ?) and put 2-3 tanks on a base and  10 infantry representing a section.

Interesting that you guys opt for bigger units. 

petercooman

Wasn't one of the text pieces about bkcIV from Nik? on the pendraken facebook page.

For what it's worth, i use 30 x 15 for my 2mm nappies stuff. about the right size of base for that scale.