BKC-IV QRS & Optional Rules

Started by Leon, 04 April 2019, 02:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Dave

Hi Mark, noted.

Yes agreed but I meant without penalty. The FAO is SS as well. The one everlasting omission in all the BKC series is that whilst infantry can be SS Green or veteran it seems as though all the other arms are forgotten. BKC never had SS tanks, only ordinary tanks. Perhaps some optional rules to cover tank crew (and other weapon crew) quality like there are for infantry? It sneaked into cwc with the different morale / suppression rolls.

Will there be optional rules for suppressive fire???

Steve J

On p35 under 'Calculating Firing', it says:

"You may choose to fire AP weapons at Hard Targets and likewise AT weapons at Soft Targets, but this will not cause casualties if hits are achieved and can only inflcit suppression."

In BKCI, you needed 6's to hit and then 6's to suppress, assuming the target had failed any saves. In BKCIV, I'm not sure of this is the same or you just shoot at the target normally. It's early so I might have missed something obvious!

Dr Dave

Yes - it is there. But as you say it is now different to bkc1 - suppressive fire is back though  :D :D :D ... and much much much more effective!  :o

Big Insect

But remember that a unit uses its normal save value against both ordinary and suppression fire, so the big impact is against the more vulnerable units. Also, some of the 'heavier' unist (AFVs especially) will have Special Characteristics that can negate the effects of suppressive fire.

I was looking for a balance between the BKCII near invulnerability of most armour to small arms or * fire to suppress them and BKCI where it was (IMHO) over important. Time will tell whether I have this balance right (or not).

I do however like the CWC and FWC approach and will be sticking with that for CWCII and FWCII.

Cheers
Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Dr Dave

Quote from: Big Insect on 03 May 2019, 02:15:19 PM
...a unit uses its normal save value against both ordinary and suppression fire, so the big impact is against the more vulnerable units...

It's just nice to see it come back - much more authentic.  :D

stevemetheringham

Mark

Now that you have errata sorted could you get the QRS up to date?

Steve  ;)

Big Insect

Good call Steve

Will pick it up over the Xmas period

Thanks

Mark
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Leon

The updated Quick Reference Sheet for BKC-IV is now available: http://bit.ly/QRSv1-1
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

Updated Quick Reference Sheet is now available here: http://bit.ly/BKC-QRSv1-2
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Imspartacus

Hi - is 1.2 (March 2020) the most up to date QRS?

regards

Mark

Leon

Quote from: Imspartacus on 07 April 2023, 04:00:53 PMHi - is 1.2 (March 2020) the most up to date QRS?

It is yes.  Once we've got the Korean supplement launched I think the plan is to run through any Cold War Commander errata and then maybe have another run through BKC to see if anything else has come up.