Crimean range.

Started by ossy, 29 March 2019, 05:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossy

Any news about the Crimean range that was to get some additions this year ?

Leon

Quote from: ossy on 29 March 2019, 05:14:40 PM
Any news about the Crimean range that was to get some additions this year ?

It'll be a full range revamp rather than additions, but it's been pushed back slightly while we re-do the Samurai range first.  We should be looking at the first batch of sculpts around August/September time I'd think.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

30 March 2019, 12:48:42 AM #2 Last Edit: 30 March 2019, 12:53:03 AM by FierceKitty
Japanese - please, please, pretty please with sugar on top, can we have a monk with a great big kanabo and one firing a musket? And commander figures for Honda Tadakatsu and Toyotomi Hideyoshi? And a real gun?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

And some more useful illustrations to hurry my promotion to shogun, and to inspire Japanese-fanciers.

Leon

Quote from: FierceKitty on 30 March 2019, 12:48:42 AM
Japanese - please, please, pretty please with sugar on top, can we have a monk with a great big kanabo and one firing a musket? And commander figures for Honda Tadakatsu and Toyotomi Hideyoshi? And a real gun?

I'll be putting up a sculpting list in the next few days, so any requests can be made there and we'll try to fit them in.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Ithoriel

I'd sooner have Takeda Shingen and Uesugi Kenshin than Honda and Toyotomi, for some action in and around Kawanakajima.

Of course, truth be told I'd sooner have Ii Naomasa or Ii Naotaka than any of those but that's getting pretty niche :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

Quote from: Ithoriel on 30 March 2019, 01:45:58 AM
I'd sooner have Takeda Shingen and Uesugi Kenshin than Honda and Toyotomi, for some action in and around Kawanakajima.

Of course, truth be told I'd sooner have Ii Naomasa or Ii Naotaka than any of those but that's getting pretty niche :)

Not hostile to these (one of my forces is Takeda), but the two I've mentioned have spectacular helmets that are beyond my power to model.

fsn

Now that's what I call a thread hijack!

Simple query about the Crimea (which IIRC was the middle of the C19 in a bit of Russia) is filled with chat about Japanese monks.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Shedman

With regards to the Crimean War range I can't make up my mind whether 'd like to see the troops in campaign dress or parade uniform

Chad

I don't think parade uniforms lasted that long in the Crimea

FierceKitty

Quote from: fsn on 30 March 2019, 08:13:02 AM
Now that's what I call a thread hijack!

Simple query about the Crimea (which IIRC was the middle of the C19 in a bit of Russia) is filled with chat about Japanese monks.

So sorry - (polite bow) - thread go to Kamakura now.

fsn

I have no interest in the Crimean War, per se, but it was, IIRC the first war in which telegraph, railways, steamships and photography were a feature.* I am, however fascinated by old photographs ... so here are a few to get your Crimean juices flowing - mostly by Roger Fenton.

French Zouaves ... I'm struck by how the French influenced US military styles a decade later.

"Well, I'm sure this is where we parked the ship."

*I am prepared to be wrong on that, but sorry ACW, the Crimea beat you to it by a decade.

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

fsn

Quote from: FierceKitty on 30 March 2019, 09:25:38 AM
So sorry - (polite bow) - thread go to Kamakura now.
Most gracious. Appreciation.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Influenced US military style, yup, but by 1875 US infantry were issued Puklehaubs..   ;D
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

And yes please to Uesugi Kenshin
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner