Ipswich,Suffolk

Started by Husaria, 19 August 2018, 11:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Husaria

Hi to anyone interested  :)

I'm looking to make contact with Historical players within the Ipswich area.

Over the years, I've been predominantly a solo player and, for the last four years, also running an after school wargames club for 11-18 years old's. However, I feel I'm missing out on having other opponents to engage with and enjoy the hobby; hence, I'm reaching out in the off-chance there's others in my locality who may like to meet-up for games and share in projects. 

Recently, I've joined a local games club, but the vast majority of players/games seem to focus around fantasy/sci-fi games. Hopefully-with patience- gaming opportunities here may arise, but hopefully there's others nearby who share similar interests to my own. 

I'm interested (and have complete opposing forces) in the following periods and sizes:

Ancients 15mm
Renaissance 'Italian Wars' 10mm
WSS 6mm
Napoleonics 6mm / 15mm / 1/72
ACW 6mm
ECW 6mm

Overall, I'm not tied to particular rules sets/systems and happy to play in virtually any period or scale/size and always been open-minded to learning new ideas in the hobby. I mostly use my own rules for and enjoy the tinkering around with these. 

Well, I think the above is enough of an intro, so please feel free to message me or offer any useful suggestions, if anyone's interested. 

Thanks for reading,
Tim

Techno

Best of luck with that, Tim.
Hope you have some success in your search !

I'd have guessed we ought to have some forum members in your neck of the woods.

Cheers - Phil

paulr

18,712 km away probably doesn't count as within the Ipswich area, good luck with the search ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

What a pity I'm on the wrong side of the country as I game all those periods.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Join and post on "Thewargamesforum" as well.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Husaria

Thanks for taking note of my posting and suggestions from members :)