CWC errata and changes

Started by Big Insect, 26 March 2019, 06:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

Quote from: Raider4 on 01 April 2019, 02:29:59 PM
Douse the whole battlefield in petrol and throw a lighted match on it?

There was an SPI WW3 board game that included that option. It noted that the scenario could only be played once. Pretty realistic then :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Dr Dave

The issue of dummy unmarked minefields was never addressed either.  :P

Ithoriel

Quote from: Dr Dave on 01 April 2019, 03:16:45 PM
The issue of dummy unmarked minefields was never addressed either.  :P

I thought the rule was that a player is not allowed to ask "Sorry, what was the rule about spotting an unmarked minefield again?" more than once every 10 minutes. :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Big Insect

Many thanks all - some useful thoughts and suggestions

There is a whole question around 'new tech' and night-fighting etc.

What's the issue about 'dummy minefields' ... or am I opening up a can of worms again?
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Ithoriel

Quote from: Big Insect on 02 April 2019, 04:58:32 PM
What's the issue about 'dummy minefields' ... or am I opening up a can of worms again?

Among my group, at least, "unmarked dummy minefields" exist only in the mind of the opponent when you ask the question I mentioned just as they are about to move something.

Psywar 101 :)

Shedman

The unmarked dummy minefield area should be modelled with craters and destroyed vehicles

Dr Dave

I think there's an unmarked dummy in all of us.

tankette

Add the COPPERHEAD laser guided projectile to the US M109 self-propelled 155mm artillery unit.

Thanks,
Mitch

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

The US army never issued Copperhead.  There are rules for tac nucs on the CWC forum, they aren't as devastating as people think, it's the long term effects that cause problems.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: ianrs54 on 28 August 2019, 08:08:30 AM
The US army never issued Copperhead.  There are rules for tac nucs on the CWC forum, they aren't as devastating as people think, it's the long term effects that cause problems.

IanS

Pull up a sandbag . One of my jobs in the distant past was as a trooper of a stay behind party whose job was to call in tactical artillery strikes up to nuclear on Soviet follow through troop concentrations in 1 BR Corps, NORTHAG. Quite pleased it never came to anything....
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Raider4

Quote from: ianrs54 on 28 August 2019, 08:08:30 AM

The US army never issued Copperhead.

Eh? From Wikipedia:

"Copperhead was used in Operation Desert Storm, with 90 rounds fired against hardened Iraqi fortifications and radar stations. One of these strikes caused an Iraqi unit to surrender. It was also used in the 2003 Operation Iraqi Freedom."

Also, the USMC call in a Copperhead strike at the end of Battle: Los Angeles . . .

Big Insect

Somebody does the Battle: Los Angelese aliens I gather. But in 28mm sadly.
'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.' Xenophon, The Anabasis

This communication has been written by a dyslexic person. If you have any trouble with the meaning of any of the sentences or words, please do not be afraid to ask for clarification. Remember that dyslexics are often high-level conceptualisers who provide "out of the box" thinking.

Big Insect

Quote from: williamb on 30 March 2019, 09:43:44 PM
A while back I did some revisions to the hit and save ratings for a number of vehicles based on more recent information since CWC was originally printed.   What I found was that M1 tanks were over-rated along with a few others and that some were under-rated.   Many were fine the way they were though.   Since then I have been building a data base of hit and save values that now includes vehicles that have been introduced since the rules were published.   I can make this available to the playtest group. 

If you are happy to share this info now - to me directly in the personal messages - we can start to review and incorporate into the draft of CWCII
Many thanks

Mark