Techy question.

Started by Techno, 16 March 2019, 07:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Mr Computer-Numpty here.

Following a search on my PC for some piccies that I'd appeared to have deleted.... (Pics of one of Von's friends gee-gees, which I'd promised to burn onto a disc.)....I found them in a different program on the hard drive.

I finally twigged that my photo's are stored in three completely different places on the hard drive.
Ditto all the songs that I've put on to iTunes....There are three separate 'apps ?', where I can gain access to the music.

Does this mean that each piccy and song takes up three times the memory ?

It doesn't seem to cause any sort of problems, as I've still got oodles of 'free space' on the hard drive.

Just made me wonder for future reference.

Cheers - Phil

fsn

Don't think so. It sounds like your collections are split into three bits.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

barbarian

Your music should be in "my music " in "my documents" on C:
If you touched nothing.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Hmmmm.....

As far as the photo's are concerned.....

They're in 'Pictures'......My ACDSee program, that allows me to 'play with' and change aspects of the piccies......and the photos app on the Start Up screen.
The photos app on the start screen isn't a complete duplicate of the Pictures folder.

There are some that scroll around on there the photo's app that aren't in 'Pictures' anymore, because I've deleted them from 'Pictures'
Those are usually photo's of WIPs for Leon, that aren't relevant anymore......Or ranges of the model soldiers that are finished, and in production.

Music wise....

They're in iTunes.......Media Player....and the Music app on the start up page.

Do Media Player and the Music app just cross reference to the iTunes program.....or are they separate progs ?

I'm probably making no sense....As usual.   :-[ X_X

Cheers - Phil

Shedman

Are 2 of the 3 instances of each photo "shortcuts" linking back to the 1 instance?

Their icons will have a small arrow in the bottom left hand corner

Techno

I'll have a gander 'S'.  :)

Cheers - Phil

Techno

The only icon that has the little arrow on the corner is the Pictures folder, 'S'.
The ACDsee icon is arrow free....As is the photo's app on the app page:-\

Not sure if I can get that one onto the desktop to see if it would end up with 'the arrow'.

No matter...and thanks for the help gang.  :)

Cheers - Phil