Christchurch shooting

Started by Steve J, 15 March 2019, 07:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

That truth should be silent I had almost forgot.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: FierceKitty on 15 March 2019, 03:42:04 PM
That truth should be silent I had almost forgot.

If you want to attack my religion you are no better than the terrorists in Christchurch.
Arma Pacis Fulcra

FierceKitty

15 March 2019, 04:11:28 PM #17 Last Edit: 15 March 2019, 04:13:11 PM by FierceKitty
I don't want to attack your religion. I want people to remember the way religion leads to bloodshed. Silence is complicity.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

Thoughts to everyone in NZ right now.  Both of my nephews are at Uni in Christchurch so there were a few nervy hours last night until we heard that they were safe. 
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

d_Guy

As a person of faith I offer prayers for the families of the victims and for the small and peaceful nation of New Zealand.
Peace and Grace to all here.

Sleep with clean hands ...

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: FierceKitty on 15 March 2019, 04:11:28 PM
I don't want to attack your religion. I want people to remember the way religion leads to bloodshed. Silence is complicity.

You just did attack my religion, atheism leads to much more death and bloodshed to which you are wholly complicit.
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Leon

I don't think is the thread for a religious debate guys.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

Absolutely right, Leon !!

Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

GrumpyOldMan

hello All

Don't usually comment on these types of posts but I've had close connections with Kiwis for over 40 years (and since I've got absolutely zero interest in Rugby union, always happy), it breaks my heart to see that this cancer has crept to NZ. Hopefully this can lead to sanity through the world.

Still very impressed with your PM and want to clone her and dump our wishy-washy guys.

Probably sit and reflect today.

GrumpyOldMan

pierre the shy

Out and about in Wellington today - the "mood" is definitely more sombre and guarded here after yesterday. Things are going to change here in response to what happened. 

My eldest son is keen to go to Canterbury Uni next year, but after yesterday I am not so sure...

Got a game tonight but checked in to make sure we're still going ahead. But we can't let events such as yesterday's dictate our lives - "keep calm and carry on"

Be good to catch up with the others as its been a week of ups and downs for me.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

barbarian

I must say as a French, you sadly just adapt to the idea.
Just a lot more soldiers and policemen in the streets.
The trauma is real, you look around you in the most public places, but you go on with your lives. (if you don't lose someone close to you)

I guess after a while it is just like a " fact " of life : I mean plenty of people live in sismic regions and don't think everyday they might die in an earthquake.

I don't really know if it helps, probably not, but it is just an observation.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

industrialtrousers

I'm kiwi. Its been a difficult couple of days dealing with the  horror visited on the folks in CHC. Very uncharacteristic for the homeland. Sadness amplified as some folks there had arrived seeking refuge from places of violence. 

Techno

So very sadly predicable...... :(

Now, some nutter's opened fire on a tram in Utrecht.

Someone who thought the Christchurch shooting was a great idea ?  X_X....or someone taking 'revenge'. ?  X_X
Makes you weep !!

In Despair - Phil