Christchurch shooting

Started by Steve J, 15 March 2019, 07:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve J

I awoke to hear the shocking news of the shootings in Christchurch this morning :(. My thoughts are with fellow forum members who live in NZ. The World is a sad and crazy place at times.

Techno

Seconded, Steve.

Very sad, indeed.  :(

Cheers - Phil

sunjester

Shocking, there are some mad people in this world!

paulr

15 March 2019, 07:42:38 AM #3 Last Edit: 15 March 2019, 08:01:06 AM by paulr
Thank you for your thoughts

I think all New Zealanders are struggling with something like this happening in our country and particularly in Christchurch that has suffered so much in the last 8 years or so from the earthquakes

My son's work is close to where one of the 'alleged' offenders was apprehend, his work along with all schools and may other offices in Christchurch were in lockdown for over four hours

As he drove home he got to see the bomb squad robot approaching the 'alleged' offender's vehicle, it has been confirmed that there was an IED in the vehicle that has since been disarmed

As-salāmu ʿalaykum
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

15 March 2019, 07:53:16 AM #4 Last Edit: 15 March 2019, 09:25:09 AM by Techno
Quote from: sunjester on 15 March 2019, 07:23:36 AM
Shocking, there are some mad people in this world!

Sadly, far, far too many, SJ. :(

Quote from: paulr on 15 March 2019, 07:42:38 AM
As-salāmu ʿalaykum

And you, Paul.

Cheers - Phil

Fenton

Unbelievable. When I first heard my first thought was " in N. Zealand?. That can't be right"

Very very sad  and truly shocked
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

pierre the shy

Words fail me.....it is as our PM put it "One of New Zealand's darkest days"  :( :( :(

Please say a prayer for all those departed and never let this happen again anywhere.

I am not usually that philosophical, but tonight a bit of Tennyson seems to sum it up well:

"Though much is taken, much abides; and though we are not that strength that which in olden days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek to find and not to yield"   

Kia Kaha!!   

Peter
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Ben Waterhouse

Just heard my three granddaughters are OK, school was locked down, but they are home now. Thanks be to God.
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Westmarcher

Desperate news. The worry now is not only for the recovery of the injured, and for the families of the deceased and injured, but what this may mean for the future safety of New Zealanders. Thankfully, the sensible and resolute human beings outnumber the insane ones and as long as that lasts there is hope.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

rct75001

From someone 'across the ditch' I am horrified by what has occurred - even more so that it may be one of ours that has been behind it. 

My thoughts are tonight with all Kiwis and especially with those who have lost their lives.

Richard
And she said "You haven't bought more of those little men have you?"

https://rctlittlesoldiers.blogspot.com.au

FierceKitty

Quote from: Ben Waterhouse on 15 March 2019, 08:58:20 AM
Just heard my three granddaughters are OK, school was locked down, but they are home now. Thanks be to God.

Glad they're OK. If there IS a god, he'll have to answer for the ones he chose not to save, however.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

barbarian

The worst part : he livestreamed his attack on internet. The videos is around. Not intending to ever watch it.
And he used " memes " music and said " subscribe to Pewdiepie " before the massacre. : that's the level of madness we are facing.

Someone said " Humanity wasn't ready for internet. "
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Horrible news.
Really horrible.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Shocked, saddened but, sadly in this day and age, not surprised.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Ben Waterhouse

Quote from: FierceKitty on 15 March 2019, 10:00:52 AM
Glad they're OK. If there IS a god, he'll have to answer for the ones he chose not to save, however.

That was  deeply unnecessary, I'll leave it there.
Arma Pacis Fulcra